ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not had a go with these yet but they look far better than the old rain sport 2 tread pattern wise. Hopefully should help them for the better when its dry and stop the edge peeling away.

I've just booked in today to get them fitted on the front, got 2's on the rears. Would also like to hear what people think between the two.

Clio 182
Yeah, good tyres for the price. Although I've never had the 3's fitted so can't comment on them just yet.

How are you finding the RS3's? I was going to get some RS2's due to the praise they get on here, but now the 3's have come out im unsure what to do.

Now out of stock in 205 45 16:(

How are you finding the RS3's? I was going to get some RS2's due to the praise they get on here, but now the 3's have come out im unsure what to do.

Now out of stock in 205 45 16:(

I ended up just getting the rs2's as i already had them on the rears and wanted them all matching. Once i need all 4 i'll try the 3's if people praise them.

The boy fitting them said he prefers the 2's to the 3's. I'm more than happy with them myself, great tyres but itching a wee bit to try the newer ones.

Clio 182
Back in stock on camskill and have ordered a pair for the front, can't wait to get then fitted and test them out! How long do camskill usually take to deliver?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd rather catch the bus than drive a clio with rainsports they're awful I sold mine after 200miles.

I found them to be great for wet trackdays.

Its almost like they were designed for sporty use in the rain, although obviously no clues to that anywhere so its understandable people buying them expecting a performance dry tyre, FLOL.

Clio 182

Its almost like they were designed for sporty use in the rain, although obviously no clues to that anywhere so its understandable people buying them expecting a performance dry tyre, FLOL.

I bought them mainly due to the weather we get here in England and won't be doing any track days so thought I would give them ago. How did you find their performance in the dry?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

The thing is though Chip, they're IMO perfectly acceptable in the dry. Unlike Toyo's which are s**t all the time, everywhere.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Just ordered 4 today. Run rs2s on the front for last couple years.

Will have rs3's all round. I'll update my thoughts next week when there fitted.

MkV Golf R32
Instead of starting a new thread just thought I'd hijack this one, hope no one minds!

Does anyone have a picture of the tyres fitted for me please? Just wondering if they have a protective kerbing lip or sit flush with alloy wheel.

Any help would be great.

Clio 182 Track Car
I've just had them fitted in 195/50/15 to my TD Pro Race 2's in 7J ET45 (with 15mm spacers). Photos attached to show how they fit. 20140309_123913.jpg20140309_123958.jpg

Attachments

• 20140309_123922.jpg
    20140309_123922.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 319
  RB 182 cup
I just put a set on my fabia VRS. They are great!

Had a set of RS2s on my old saxo a while back, did a wet track day at cadwell on them and they were excellent then too!

172 rag
I am thinking of changing the tyres on my clio at last. At the moment at the front it has some Marshall kh35 that are not that bad for normal driving but the feeling is not to my liking. It does give you a nylonish feeling.... At the back it has conti sport 3 (almost non legal).
I am considering the rainsport 3 as I really like driving in the wet... I don't consider the R1R or 888 due to cost at 16in..although the last 4 years I was using in my panda 100hp (in the shity greek roads) the 888 (not the same set obviously).
The thing is, that at camskill I can find them in
195/45/16 84V XL FR or
205/45/16 83V TL

I know that the 205 for the wet as a dimension is not necessary to say the least but the 195 that they have in stock at the moment is definitely for heavier cars (sidewalls and extra load).
The r1r for example are 82v
Only in Black Circles I ve found the Rainsport 3 195/45/16 as 84V and in 205/45/16 again as 83V.

Any suggestions? I know that the PS3 are nice but not in my budget at the moment. Feeling and wet performance are the most important factors at the moment..
Any alternatives? I am interested to know more about the small details like sidewalls load and extra load not 195 or 205.

Cheers

Renault Clio 172 cup
Just received delivery of a set of 4 of these, mainly for the road but may end up trying them out as wets on track as everybody seems to say how good they are.

However first impressions ....the sidewalls are so damn soft, you can just crush them with one hand, doesnt make them out to be bad tyres but when you compare them to something like a 888 or even Nankang ns2r which you can literally stand them on end and stand on top of them without them collapsing makes me wonder how good they will be. The proof is in the pudding though so I'll wait until I've tried them out a bit before I judge them properly. Cheap as chips at less than 40 quid delivered a corner for 15's though.

i have a set of rs3 on mine now, in the wet they're pretty awesome although i haven't really pushed them hard but so far i like them

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I've run mine a few months now. Wet weather nice and stable as you would expect.

Dry isn't too bad, obviously not up there with the premium brands but I'm happy running them and given the cost can't really go wrong.

Budget price but far from budget performance. I'd say there far better all rounder than rs2s or toyo etc

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I had these on a set of F1's in 195/50/15, compared to the RS2's (205/45/16) they were better in the wet and dry, only slightly, but enough to notice the difference when i put my old wheels back on with the RS2's. However the RS2's have done over 10k miles and still have at least 3mm thread left. The RS3's had done about 4k miles when i removed the wheels and had a similar amount of thread left. So wear rate is definately not as good.