ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uneven pad wear...

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Can a clever person explain this please?

DSC_0300.jpg

Bit of crap behind the pad maybe?

On the passenger side inside pad only!
All the other 3 are fine.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Most likely possibilities are, Pad binding in the caliper, or Caliper slider pin seized

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Both sliders are fine...
Ill take them out after the next track day and measure, if it caries on wearing ill wire brush the carrier and buy some new pad shims..

Thanks...

Evo 5 RS
I had this on a non sport, the hub was bent to crap. Had smacked a curb. Not the most likely but there you go.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Wear would be even if the piston had seized?
Not thought about bearing but wouldnt the outer pad also be the same??

Totally agree, I would expect both pads to "wedge" to the same degree if wheel bearing wobbly, thats what I found with a 205 I had. With the piston I was thinking if it were partially seized it could apply uneven pressure accross back of pad, or not retract straight...etc. - could account for the effect only on the inside pad?

Most likely causes given in thread 2 but you say sliders are good so just throwing in a couple more checks. :)