ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Underworn brake shoes

1.6 16v clio priv
I have just had my brake drum off to change the shoes. I Have had the car for 18 months and I'm a bit heavy on the brakes. They must be at least 18 months old but probably older, but there is very little wear.

The handbrake hold the car perfectly well. 6 clicks required to hold the car firmly (but a lot of force). There is also always a lot of weight in the boot so I thought it would be braking harder.

I really expected them to be close to down to metal but comparing them to the new ones theyre not even half worn

Yep they don't wear much I went though about 4 sets of front pads and disk and they were only about 70% worn. They had cracked a bit from excess heat but I do track days and it still asn't that bad by any means would have been fine for say another 30k (chnaged them at about 60k).

Just clean them up IMo and leave them on less ahslte. Its a new item int he service rules they should be cleaned up every other service.