ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Undecided on wheels... :(

ClioSport 172
Hiya! I'm still undecided on the wheels on my baby... At the moment she is sporting some Kei RSS's (see pic) but i'm not sure whether to keep them or not?!

Options are either:

- Keep them (bear in mind my coilovers arent fitted yet)
- Stick the standard 172 wheels back on (see pics)
- Stick the 172 wheels back on but have them refurbed black
- Buy my mates Turinis (just EVERYONE has them)

PS7.gif

PS11.gif

Town2.gif

ClioRain2-9708.gif

Argh! I dont know!! :dead:

PH1 172
what about anthracite 172 wheels? IMO the shape of the 172 wheels suit the car down to the ground - slam it on coilovers on standard wheels

if you want difference paint them but NOT black!

Focus RS Mk1
refurb the 172 wheels in black! 100% will look million times better!

the RSS's are such a common wheel, get rid asap!

b/g 182, meg tourer
refurb the 172's in antharcite. will look great! it has been done. (see greeny 172) but it hasn't been done as much as turini's

Keep em' on till you've lowered it, see what you reckon then and then maybe try some other wheels.

I think they look really nice tho.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Black or anthracite wheels on a black car, particularly a small hatch, dont look good and from a distance it just looks like you running round on steels with missing hubcaps. Standard silver ones imo.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The reason why Turinis are popular is because they are the wheel most suitable for a Clio. How many other clios have you seen in glos/worcs that have turinis? there was only me and Dan R,
All the other options are the best of a bad bunch whereas Turinis are the best without question.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique 05
I would keep the aftermarket wheels mate. They look pretty class and make you stand out from the crowd.
+ Standard renault wheels won't turn heads unless its anyone on this forum.

Edit: Standard wheels are very heavy too!

ClioSport 172
I was looking for £700 - £750 for them cause they are like new! Plus ate £950 brand new with the tyres i've got...

But yeah I dont think I could go back to just the standard 172 wheels are they are cause if I had liked them like that I wouldnt of ever bought the Keis!

I think i'm just thinking they look a bit funny cause my coilovers arent on yet & when its slammed it'll look lovely! lol

I did want something a bit different thats why I bought the Keis, but never wanted 17s, maybe thats why I never took them to properly! I might fall in love with them when she's slammed!

Cheers for the advice guys... think I might leave them on till the coilovers are on & then take a re-evaluation on them! :)

Never selling the standard 172s though so I have always got a choice!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
ye stick the 172 alloys on, drop it 40mm, maybe refurb wheels in anthracite, i dnt like black wheels on a black car.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
black standard rims with white diamonds then paint the front diamond white