ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Undecided on what alloys to get. Help me out

Clio
Hey guys i have recently bought a clio i thinking about getting new alloys and what suggestions on what to get as my alloys buckled alot.

if you think i should do anything else to my car dont be scared to say it :)

This is a picture of my clio:

2nnjtg.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Get the standard Renault 172 ones mate, always look good on flame red. And bin the lights. Here is mine, I know yours isn't a 172, but it would look similar (albeit mine is lowered).

photo1.jpg

photo7.jpg

PB 182 (1 of 29)
thanks man any certain type ?

Wheel spacers esentially space the wheel out from the hub to give the car a wider track with the wheels filling the arches better for improved appearance (and handling). They can be one of two types called flat, and hubcentric. Avoid flat spacers, although they are cheaper, because all of the load of the car is held by the wheel bolts (not good). Hubcentric spacers have a flange in the centre (like the cars hub) which bears the weight as the original hub would making it much safer and more stable.

Some (like Delta Mics) are steel and a bit weighty (remember to try and keep unsprung weight to a minimum) but others like H+R and Eibach are alloy and a better bet. Do a search on sizes as popular choices seem to range from 10mm per side to up to 25mm.

Listerine & Poledo
lose the waff lights.

buy steelies and paint them white. No need to get precious if/when you scuff them then ;)