ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unable to read the CLIP for diagnostics

02' PH1 172
Hey guys.

I have some things wrong with the clio and would like to plug it into the renault diagnostics.

I have gone to renault and tried but it can read anything.

They say it is because of one of two reasons..

1. An airbag deployed a while back so the airbag module has a fault on it and they say that this could be blocking it from being able to use the diagnostics.

2. I am running a piggyback ecu (unichip) and they say it could be interfering with trying to run the diagnostics.

Anyone out there know what they are talking about and able to tell me which one of the two is causing this issue so I can get to the root of my problem?

Cheers

02' PH1 172
Really? Because I was told that the CLIP has to run through the airbag module and if there is a fault on it, it will not work.

Thanks Dan, you always make the effort to reply to my queries, really helps out with having to figure stuff out on the other side of the world where no one knows jack about renault.. not even renault themselves ;)

I had a car in at the weekend where it had triggered the airbags previously. All it shows is a fault saying "computer replacement needed after collision" and won't let you clear any faults on the airbag system. it'll still let you in though.

No problem fella, what forums are for :)

I may be able have a look at chips ph1 (if its ok with him of course) as that's running standalone and I can see what happens.

02' PH1 172
awesome if that is possible it would be great. There is no difference between the ph1 and ph2 with this issue is there?