ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unable to purchase/download app issue

dk

911 GTS Cab
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3681763?start=0&tstart=0

Anyone else getting this please? Seems there are lots of people and it's happening to me only on my iPad, not my iPhone.

Doing my head in, have to click about 20 times when updating an app or downloading one on the popup box. .

I have narrowed it down to about 3 of my apps causing the issue. USA today, angry birds and Itransate. I've deleted them all.

I tried all the fixes in that thread, nothing, keeps happening, I have even deleted the apps from my mac, and from the iPad and it still tries to download them when I update another app. Have turned off auto download of apps too.

Very annoying, anyone else getting this too?

SQ5
Can't open that page for some reason?

But I think I know what you mean. Every time I update Apps, I get told it cannot download Angry Birds and 2 other Apps, please plug into iTunes.

SQ5
Oh it's now 4 others

5685628f-4c84-49ca.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
Link works for me, but yes, that's the exact thing, f**king annoying and very common it seems, surprised its not been mentioned on here before (unless I've missed it).

SQ5
FLOL 23? Mines risen, but I have no idea why? What things are there to try as that link just fails?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Go to discussions.apple.com and choose iPhone, using iPhone and then, discussions. The thread is entitled unable to purchase and it a recent one, currently sitting at 8 pages.

Some people think its to do with free apps you downloaded when your credit card had run out.
so they recommend re-entering cc details and the 3 digit number.

Others say its an apple end issue, but then why is it doing it on iPad and not Iphone for me.

Also, when you log into your iTunes account on computer, there is an option to reset all notices and issues.

Others say remove the app from the iPad and your iTunes account on computer and resync.

Only thing I haven't tried is to wipe iPad and build from fresh without using a backup. Serious pain in the ass and I'm sure someone said they had tried and it came back.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
This only happens to me when I switch stores (2 accounts, one in uk one in us) it seems to be a cache issue with the store itself. If you keep trying it works in the end.

SQ5
The thing is mine downloaded the Angry Birds update after telling me it couldn't?

I wiped mine the other day for another reason, and it hadn't stopped it

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah, if you click it enough times it works fine, just have to keep clicking.

Tom, I only have 1 iTunes account and always have. When I get the error, I have 3 or 4 apps that are greyed out with waiting underneath, it thinks it's trying to update some apps when they don't need updating. So I removed them and now it's trying to put them back on the iPad each time I update another app. If you click on one of them they disappear.

Very strange and getting on my nerves now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The store apparently uses the safari cache so you can clear that and the app store can be reset using the power/home combo. (make sure you reset both stores) I'm running 5.1 and still have it so it's not going to be fixed. Unless it shows up as a final revision. It's been reported several times but I suspect it's server side.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've cleared my safari cache for the issue with this website and have we'd the home and power several times today.

What do you mean by resetting both stores though please?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Open the store press power until slider appears then release and hold home. Resets the app.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I solved mine by starting a fresh and not restoring from backup on my new iPad.

Not had it since, but I still do get it where I can't download an update to an ap and I have to rety 20 times, never get the unable to purchase and the old apps reappearing which was the issue I posted about.