ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UHC to blame ?

172 Cup, Clio 197
Had my 172 cup for 3 years, in the last 6 - 10 months ive had a strange problem developing.

It started as ... Everytime i raised the drivers window, the right indicator would flash til i let go of the window button.

Then it developed a little more into the right indicator coming on randomly for a few seconds then disappearing for 5 mins or so.

Now everytime i start the car the indicator is flashing, strange thing is, if i go on a 30+ mile drive it stops, til the next start. I recently drove up to leeds (380 mile) and it stopped for 2 days, same on return journey.

So ive done some reading, at first i figured it may be moisture in the circuit, but the car seems pretty dry inside.

SO i think im gonna have to cut my losses and replace the UHC, however i was quoted £221 yesterday and ive just payed £400 for the cam belt.

Anyone know if the normal 172/182 rs uhc is compatible if i manage find a scrapper and pay for the remap ?

Cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
its the UCH which i assume your on about?

You need to use a new one as its specific to each vehicle.
The cost of the unit has come down as you say around £200/250 now.

Its the labour/programming charge thats kills you as theres plenty of stuff that needs sorting via Renault Clip machine and you have to have various codes for your vehicle.

Going to have to pay up im afraid.
Mike @ RenTech is worth speaking to about this.

172 Cup, Clio 197
grrrr ok, i think the remapping is like £40 ? labour cant be much surely, its only 4 bolts

Thanks for the quick reply =)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
grrrr ok, i think the remapping is like £40 ? labour cant be much surely, its only 4 bolts

Thanks for the quick reply =)

Its deff not £40 to have it re-programmed!!

Mine was done under warrenty.
Total bill was a LOT more then that.