ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uch?

Clio 182
Can you just change the uch without changing anything else ? Think this is my problem with passanger side window not working no clicking noise from the relay :(

Renault clio
The relay is located near the uch
7961c987710eec6b2678e04508f520ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_4737.JPG
    IMG_4737.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 48
  Clio 182
I tried changing them all around but no luck :( drivers side window makes it click but nothing for passanger side window on both switches

Renault clio
If that isn't the problem than it's the problem with the uch most likely... I think you can't change the uch only you need to also change the ecu too and including get a new key from Renault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Before you go spending out on ecu's and uch's @walkerstar how much testing/diagnosing have you done on the window circuit?? You've said there's power to the switch, is there power coming out of the switch to the motor?

The passenger side window circuit is quite complex in that it needs both window switches to be in good order for the window to work, otherwise you'll get nothing at all.

I know you've said before that you're the other side of the river from me but if it helps I do have a good set of window switches you can try, see if it eliminates the problems first

Ads

RB Clio 182
Before you go spending out on ecu's and uch's @walkerstar how much testing/diagnosing have you done on the window circuit?? You've said there's power to the switch, is there power coming out of the switch to the motor?

The passenger side window circuit is quite complex in that it needs both window switches to be in good order for the window to work, otherwise you'll get nothing at all.

I know you've said before that you're the other side of the river from me but if it helps I do have a good set of window switches you can try, see if it eliminates the problems first

Ads
Where are you mate?

I tried my passenger window again today and when i pressed up on the drivers switch, the window went down!
Then i pressed down and luckily it went back up, then nothing!

Im not sure whats going on with mine lol.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Where are you mate?

I tried my passenger window again today and when i pressed up on the drivers switch, the window went down!
Then i pressed down and luckily it went back up, then nothing!

Im not sure whats going on with mine lol.

Sounds like its most likely the contacts breaking up in the switches from my previous experiences, obviously there is a chance its something more serious but I like to start with the easier/cheaper fixes first

Clio 182

Ads

I hate electics haha, you can bridge the multiplug on the passange side from 12v feed to one wire to the motor then to ground and it all works, and tested the switch for resistance and there some there but then i havent tried testing the drivers side one but the switch was my though but then thought it wouldnt be that simple for me, but if the relay had broken would i still have 12v going to the switch in the first place ?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'm not sure for certain about the relay, what i do know though is that you'll need both the drivers side window switch (for pass window) and the passenger side switch to be working for the window to work.

I found it easiest to test for 12v power first, and see how far it's getting. If you have power to the switch on the drivers side but nothing is getting to the pass motor then there's a break in the circuit between these points, from my experiences this has turned out to only ever be an issue with one or both of the window switches, there are other potential problems such as uch or window motor/regulator but these switches do seem to be the weakest point in the system.