ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH Relocation

How have people mounted their UCH in track/race cars. Just in the process of making a bracket for mine and looking for some inspiration. Would be awesome if anyone has any useful pictures of theirs :smile:

TIA

dan's cast offs.
beat me to it, you can run the phase 1 ecu on it's own. what electrical ar you keeping on the car?

dan's cast offs.
got to admit i've not looked into running the dash without uch as so far been using aftermarket dash but will use this as a kick up the bum to check into it.

Apologies, I did see this... but I'd also read that you've got Phase 1 wiring... I'd love to Mount mine around here but would be a pain in the arse as it would be too tight
It's alright haha, was just easier for me to link it than reupload the pictures etc. Can't remember the lengths of the ph2 wires so dunno what to suggest sorry :unamused:

It's alright haha, was just easier for me to link it than reupload the pictures etc. Can't remember the lengths of the ph2 wires so dunno what to suggest sorry :unamused:

No problem at all...

Mine is on it's standard mounting bracket but it will fly/break off at some point as it's not very sturdy.

Just looking for solutions.. perhaps it'll be something I look into ove the winter months

Thanks

No problem at all...

Mine is on it's standard mounting bracket but it will fly/break off at some point as it's not very sturdy.

Just looking for solutions.. perhaps it'll be something I look into ove the winter months

Thanks

Yeah it's a really awkward shape cus of all the cooling vents you don't wanna block up.. got no real option other than to modify the original mounting points on it haha

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Iv had the same problem with UCH mounting, after speaking to a few people on here iv bent the original bracket out abit and managed to refit that. ideally id love to bin it off in the future but without any guides it probably will never happen.
will upload a pic of what iv done later today, might help someone in the future

Iv had the same problem with UCH mounting, after speaking to a few people on here iv bent the original bracket out abit and managed to refit that. ideally id love to bin it off in the future but without any guides it probably will never happen.
will upload a pic of what iv done later today, might help someone in the future
It's a right puzzle to mount it properly isn't it 😂:tearsofjoy:Wish I knew how to get rid of it and keep standard clocks etc :unamused:

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
absolute nightmare bud, there doesn't seem to be anything onlne about it at all either. ideally we could do with making a thread (this one or my previous thread) with abit of knowledge about it.

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like some of the slash might just come straight from the ecu.

I'm goimg through s loom at the mo to try and do a guide to binning the much and how to build one up using as much of the existing loom as possible.

hows the guide coming dude? :innocent::innocent::innocent::kissingheart:

dan's cast offs.
hows the guide coming dude? :innocent::innocent::innocent::kissingheart:

Not touched it for a while sorry. Ha e got a loom out and stripped but just need a couple of days to sit down with it and start sorting through what's what with it. Might bring it home over Christmas and faff with it then.

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Not touched it for a while sorry. Ha e got a loom out and stripped but just need a couple of days to sit down with it and start sorting through what's what with it. Might bring it home over Christmas and faff with it then.
Fair play. Happy to help if i can (send pics of plugs or whatever i can) as the guide will be a god send.

dan's cast offs.
The small mound is what's been cut out so far, the other bit is the remainder of the original loom from drivers door pillar to bulkhead connector, fuse box and rear section connector on the passengers side.

The plan will be for the fuse box and relays to go and be replaced with a universal setup.
20171216_104538.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
On ph1 setup can you hook up the obd port for diagnostics without the UCH ?

From my understanding, if you run the key ring and ecu you have to keep this uch.

When EFI deleted the immobiliser does this make the ring key redundant? Maybe efi be the best ppl to ask.

You can bin the whole lot if you use a AM ecu.

Ps..Renault electrics = minefield

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From my understanding, if you run the key ring and ecu you have to keep this uch.

When EFI deleted the immobiliser does this make the ring key redundant? Maybe efi be the best ppl to ask.

You can bin the whole lot if you use a AM ecu.

Ps..Renault electrics = minefield

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had mine removed by EFI and no longer have a key so yeah its redundant. Rewired the igniton and start to a switch and button.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Bumping this back up as would love to simplify the wiring as much as possible over winter.
Im running a phase 1 loom and going to be using an Omex ecu for the engine side of things , really don't want to have to spend the extra $$$ on a digi dash if the original clocks and basic car functions can be retained.

dan's cast offs.
i knocked it on the head in the end, for the time involved in doing it and then dealing with the existing connectors and sorting them out it wouldn't be cost effective. got three cars to do and they are all going for cartek pdp, just managed to sort good prices out on them. cost of the unit will be offset in the time saved to wire a car up from scratch.

i knocked it on the head in the end, for the time involved in doing it and then dealing with the existing connectors and sorting them out it wouldn't be cost effective. got three cars to do and they are all going for cartek pdp, just managed to sort good prices out on them. cost of the unit will be offset in the time saved to wire a car up from scratch.
Don't blame you... Lol for the time it'd take it's not worth it like you say