ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH Faulty or something else ??

Get a clicking sound from passenger footwell,
Used to coincide with lights going off and on until I turned off the autolights, now the clicking still happens (intermittent), and seems to stop after the car has warmed up, also seemed to affect the wipers.
It did happen while driving the other night and lights went off and wipers stopped - but haven't used the car at night since but suspect it may happen again - so clearly need to get it fixed.
Have felt the relays as the clicking occurs but I cant feel if any one of them is switching in and out but the clicking certainly feels like a relay sound.
What are my options?
I have contact cleaned all 4 relays - no difference
will spray contact cleaner on all 3 multiplugs one at a time to see if its a bad connection in any of these?
Then what ??
Send UCH away for test/repair ??

Before changing the uch I'd check every earth has a good connection. There are 4 or so under the dash, 2 at the rear and several in the engine bay.

I recently had a problem where wipers were always on, turned out to be an earth issue.

yeah mine was properly shagged, could press on the UCH and it would stop it etc, try what Mark has mentioned in case that's your problem