ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Looking to get a new set of tyres this week.
Ive currently got parada spec 2s which I find quite good.. I know a lot of people say that these are shocking in the wet but to be fair I have no complaints.
Looking into trying another brand but not sure what to go for.
I have heard the proxes have very soft sidewalls and I have 195/50/15's so may not be the best tyre with the bigger sidewall? Also been looking a conti contact 2s as these are only about £50 a tyre on Camskill!
Just wondering what others have tried and their opinions on different brands?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
In that size go Michelin or Yokohama AD08's.

Contis shouldnt be a problem but they are only premium contacts not the sport contacts just so you know.

Avoid the Toyos not that there is any stock of them anyway.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
The PE2s dont fit without hitting my arches when cornering lol. I have spacers which makes them scrub (for some reason only the PE2s cause this)
Ahh I was on my phone when i was looking so i must of missed that... well the contis are out then.
May have to just get paradas or AD08s they are both reasonable prices lol

S3, Polo
Jesus, you think Paradas are a good tyre? There may be no hope...

Get ContiSportContact 3's - Superb all-round tyre.

Failing that, Hankook v12 EVO's.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf

I havent used them on track or anything... But I havent had any problems with them... They grip well in the dry, aslong as you dont drive like a nut in the wet, they are fine then aswell.
I need to have another look at the contis, if they are the same price range as the AD08s I will buy the contis

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

I dont think you can get sport contacts in 195/50/15.

V12's are quite if they are available in that size, bit soft but still good grip dry and wet.

S3, Polo
Try Kumho Ku31 a couple of my mates run them and they said they're good :)

I tried them last year and my lasting impression was that I may as well have had wooden wheels. Grip in anything but bone-dry conditions was horrible.

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm amazed. Went to Germany for a couple of days and everyone uses winter tyres.

They're a bit noisier, but so much better in colder conditions!

Regardless, if you struggle in a clio in British 'winter' you are doing something wrong unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

He lives in Warrington not Austria.

Good point. May as well use crap tyres in summer then. Drive to the conditions.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Good point. May as well use crap tyres in summer then. Drive to the conditions.

A lot of people do and don't have any problems.

I'd just rather have one decent set of tires and take it carefully in winter. We are approaching the end of December and I'm yet to have found a time where winter tyres would have improved my journey.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Regardless, if you struggle in a clio in British 'winter' you are doing something wrong unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

He lives in Warrington not Austria.

epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Status
Not open for further replies.