ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

insignia

Im in need of my 3rd set of front tyres,just been ringing round for prices and last garage told me that Contis are soft compound and recommended a tyre cby HANKOOK which made make reacing tyres and says there a good tyre and cost £58,00 fitted.Any advice would be welcome?

Contis are actually one of the better wearing tyres for the 172, Goodyear GSD3s are great for grip but wear out quickly. Yoko A539s seam to be the prefered choice for 172s. If its for the 182 stick to the Michelins.

Personally I wouldnt trust what the tyre place says about the Hankooks.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Ive had the Hankook Ventus tyres in the past, cheap and not bad...

Volvo S60 D5

Ive had Hankooks on the front of my T5 before, and they handle 225bhp alright, not the best for handling but they last ages.

As youve got a 182, you might as well get a decent soft-compound tyre, whats the point of savin a few quid on tyre wear when youve got a 182 to have some fun!!

one of my mates had federals said they were ok and lasted ages. he had them on a ctr which had mods to boost the power up well over 200 bhp. and they are well priced

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 04 January 2005Well its a 172 so I might have to try the Yoka tyres then?

go for 205 45 16 not 195 45 16. v rating. should be about £65 each for 205 £45 for 195. Yokahoma A539.

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 1/5/2005 11:38:41 AM]

insignia

F1s do look the best thow after checking them all out, they look the smartest and most seem to say they dont do a bad job so will probably try these in 205/45 16

insignia

Well went to garage to order tyres and the F1s in 205 cost £90 bloody quid!!

Hankook did the same size 205 tyre for £61.00, so sfter seeing them decided was best to get these instead.

Does it matter that I got 195 still on the back?

[Edited by 182 sport on 05 January 2005 at 4:08pm]

put the 205s on the back and then wear out the 195s

always put a new pair of tyres on the back - is always a good rule of thumb as you will not get 2 tyres that are a lot older than the others.

as the fronts wear, replace them and swap with the back again, is a good policy.

/y0z