ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres - XL Vs Standard

Clio Trophy
Hello

Thought this would make a change from the usual questions(hopefully)

What do you use for road use? and if you drove your car with a set on the front that are XL, then again with just normal, do you think you would feel much difference?

I have got P Nero Zero(STD) on the back atm, i did try them on the front, but i was not impressed when throwing it around bends, so switched over to the Evo V12's(XL) that were on the back and found them to be better. Will be replacing them soon, and the main thing that is swinging my choice on what to buy next, is weather they do a XL version of the tyre :p

Thanks

mk1 Octavia VRS
I would expect XL tyres to have stiffer sidewalls which would give better steering response at the expense of ride quality.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
All I'll add to this is that when I took pzeros off of the abarth and stuck on some pilot sports it was like a different car.

I found the Pirelli noisy and lacking in feel in general.

Clio Trophy
Think i will stick with Evo v 12 again then, they have worn well, and have the stiffer walls

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Always go with a stiff side wall, the Exaltos 2's had them and the Sport 3's even in the extra loading option isn't anywhere near as stiff and suffer for that in feedback and feel so always go with stiffest you can imo.