ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres this time round !!!!

172 Credit crunch edition
Right after having Proxies T1r on the cup now they are coming to the end of their life and im looking at;
Michelin pilot exalto pe2 205 45 16 slightly wider than standard cup.
pirelli pzero nero 195 45 16
Continental Sport Contact Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2
Pirelli W210

So its between these 5 choices any input would be great also price has no bearing on my decision. Cheers lads

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i've had to go for 195s as the cup is lowered.... we tried one andit was a no go.... 195 pe2s??? rocking horse sh!t so opted for the standard contis! 270 for 5 of the bad boys

No mate cup isnt lowered, but i may be putting coilovers on in the future so i guess the 205's are a no-go?

172cup
yeah stick to 195's... there's hardly an advantage to going for 205's to be honest.

I would be going for PE2's aswell. Stay away from F1's as there are far too many issues surrounding them at the moment.

Conti's are £280 for 4
Pzeronero £260 for 4
Pirelli W210 £355 for 4
Eagle F1 are £289 I dont really rate these tyres as i had a set on my S2 Rallye and didnt think they were that good

Tried black circles and cant find them in 195's a freind of mine works at mercedes so im going to see if he can get them in that size for me.

Iceberg 172
I went for Goodyear F1s in the end. They are very very good in the dry once warmed up - a little 'glassy' from cold, though I do need to get my tracking checked before I can be sure it's the tyres.

Seem fine in the wet though I haven't pushed them too hard yet.

Super sticky when warm.

(just re-read - mine are GSD3s £150 for two fitted)

Last edited: