ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres scrubbing/rubbing against something

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Had a 4 hour drive earlier, and about halfway back what sounded like the passenger side front wheel started scrubbing against the arch liner or something
It started off fine until I got to about 40/50 and the noise would get faster/louder the faster I went. I pulled over a couple of times to try and find out where it was coming from, and try and move the arch lining a bit to stop it but it still carries on
I had to drive it again tonight and it was even worse! No matter what speed something is catching/rubbing what seems to be everytime the wheel goes around. I've had a look at it, and can't see what It could be as there is nothing obvious sticking out that may cause it. It get's pretty loud and is pretty much undriveable!
The other thought is that the top of the tyre is rubbing against the suspension or something like that as that's the closest thing to the tyre, but it's hard to tell without anyone in the car
I'll take the wheel off tomorrow anyway when this torrential rain stops! But does anyone have any idea what may have caused this?
It's driving me mad :mad:
Cheers;)

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Is it lowered? Could be an issue? Changed the camber? offset? new alloys? Could maybe lead to the problem mate as said from Beef could be the bearing.

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Sorry got two threads going at once! It's not lowered, standard wheels/suspension etc
Could be the bearings, but wouldn't know what that sounds like!
It sounds just like the rubber/plastic on the arch is catching, and gets pretty loud but can't see where it's rubbing
I'll take the wheel off once this rain stops and have a better look

Cheers for the help

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Np i reckon a bearing to be honest if its all standard mate then shouldnt be anything rubbing in all fairness.

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Np i reckon a bearing to be honest if its all standard mate then shouldnt be anything rubbing in all fairness.

A couple of days ago there was rattling near there that turned out to be some of the plastic behing the arch was loose which is why I assumed it would be to do with that but there's nothing noticeable. I'll let you know if I find the cause!

Vw caddy tdi
Sounds like could be small stone stuck in caliper/slider or behind pads. Jack it up spin the wheel should be able to see if its rubbing etc.