ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres scraping wheel arches

n2x

e60/f10
Hi,

Have a slight problem. My summer tyres are 205/40 r16 which means the total height of the wheels+tyres is 57.04cm. The summer tyres are fine. Last winter i had the original oz 15" wheels and 185/65 r15 meant that the total height was 62,15cm and they scraped the rear passanger side arch when turning right or driving over a small bump.
This year ive got 195/50 r16 on my new wheels and its supposed to be 60,14cm high but they still scratch the arches.

My question is, should i check the wheel alignment or any bent/broken parts or is it normal that they scratch the arches. The offset should be fine. My new wheels didn´t fit on the rear axle at first so i got these things and got them fitted(don´t know how they´re called in english:

5x114_L.gif

If the current winter tyres are too high, i guess i´ll just have to lose some weight.

Cheers.

n2x

e60/f10
Standard suspension. Wonder if i take the offset extensions away, will the wheels still fit and wont effect the bearing wear?

172/1.2/E30
Fit tyres in official spec dimensions? What offset are the wheels and how thick are the spacers as anything below ET35 might/will catch on the rear arches (regardless if lowered or not).