ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres over mods

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi all,

Just replaced my crappy Ginyu tyres with Michelin Sports Pilot 3, and the difference is amazing. Normally I would struggle to put the power down, contantilly spinning in the wet even at speed, and understeering on roundabouts at low speed. Now it just grips like mad. Granted the old tyre were getting near the end of their life. But I would recommend Michelin over other perfomace enhancements. Start with the tryres and don't strimp.

Quick question, Should I get my wheels on my 172 cup done gold or would this look to tacky?

Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
If you've got a black Clio, why not gold rims.

But if you're saying that maintaining a vehicle well is a better spend of money than modz..... yes.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I feel that spending money on good rubber is a better option than buying sports exhaust and filters. You loose so much performance with crap tyres.

On a different note my car is a blue 172 cup with cup alloys. Just wondered what peoples views were if I got them done gold. Thought blue and gold would look good.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi bossko.

Very good point what you have made about the tyres, it certainly does make a difference. Those tyres are very expensive, how much did you pay?

in response to gold wheel, my opinion is no, you will make it look a mess. Either silver or anthracite is the only decent looking option, as its a cup i would probably go with silver.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Including fitting and balance. Cost 122 quid each. Black Circles cost 110 delivered fitted 205/45/16 instead of 195/45/16
to save up for 2 for the rear now. Grrrr

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Good point on the tyres, you don't get a great handling hatch and then put cheap awful tyres on it.

Also the brightest silver you can find for the Cup Turinis refurb :approve: