ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres gone off?

danterzza

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Did a few track day last year with ad08r's and a run to the ring this may, first trackday this year was Blyton in Aug and it was a hot day, and the tyres despite having quite a bit of tread left just didn't seem right, played with pressures all day.

But they was constantly squealing? even when I wasn't pushing that hard and only doing 5/6 laps then coming in letting it all cool down and going out again.

Stupid question but If they go through too many heat cycles do they go off? When I got back I cleaned and serviced the car and put some turini's on with new eagle f1's and it felt really good, it was on the road though so couldn't push as hard, and I know the Goodyear's aren't the best for these.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Probably sounds about right especially if it’s a hot day. A proper dedicated track tyre would obviously last longer.

The f1’s would be crap on track as a comparison

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, not uncommon. Actually earlier this year we were having real issues with the MX5 - bouncy as hell and mad levels of axle tramp on launches. The PS3s came with the car but I suspected they might be a bit old. To prove my theory, I wanged them up to 38psi - way too hard but enough to prove. Sure enough, completely cured.