ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres for the Abarth

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed some vibration at speed in the workhorse Abarth 595.

Checked and the tyres are completely shagged on the inside (I knew they needed doing anyway) but it's more of a 'must' now.

Currently running P Zeros which I have to say I've never liked! They're noisy, lack feel and wear quickly and ride terribly.

I'm considering throwing some pilot sport 3's on the front, any thoughts? I know front and rear will be odd, but as it's fwd it doesn't really matter all that much in my mind. Assuming the pilot sport 3's are as good as the exaltos...

What would you do, go P zeros again for the sake of them matching? or go for the better rubber? (I know you're supposed to put the new on the rear, but seeing as I dislike the pirelli's so much I'm going to keep them trailing)

225 Cup & Williams
I ran ps3's on my 225 and I wasn't all that impressed by them tbh.

I'm running vredstein ultrac vorti now and they shite all over the PS3. They're very well priced too.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Can't you just replace them all if you don't like the P Zero's?

I've never heard a bad word about Pilot Sports apart from the price (and usually from people that haven't tried them). I have used them on various cars and they're always a treat for both dry/wet grip and decent wear.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Can't you just replace them all if you don't like the P Zero's?

I've never heard a bad word about Pilot Sports apart from the price (and usually from people that haven't tried them). I have used them on various cars and they're always a treat for both dry/wet grip and decent wear.

I only use it for work mate. Don't want to be going nuts. I've gone for two pilots

Ph1v6, ph1172,abarth
I have ps3's on my abarth 595. Recommend them, also run them on my vee brilliant tyre

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I have ps3's on my abarth 595. Recommend them, also run them on my vee brilliant tyre

The standard P Zeros mine came on have been horrible. Worn quickly, no feel, ride badly, noisy.

Hoping the Michelins will help with this a bit.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Prefer the ps2. I'm running continental cs5 at the moment, best tyre I've used. Loads of feedback, and massive grip.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I ran ps3's on my 225 and I wasn't all that impressed by them tbh.

I'm running vredstein ultrac vorti now and they shite all over the PS3. They're very well priced too.
seen reviews of these was really tempted to buy

Suzuki Jimny
What!

I would be going mental. Surely it's not that hard ffs!
Remove tyre.
Fit new tyre.
Balance tyre.
Don't ruin the wheel.

Easy!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
What!

I would be going mental. Surely it's not that hard ffs!
Remove tyre.
Fit new tyre.
Balance tyre.
Don't ruin the wheel.

Easy!

It looks like the machine has caught the rim and damaged the clear coat. I'm no tyre fitter, but I'm lead to believe it's easily done....

I'm waiting to see what they have to say about it, because you can clearly see it's not kerbing by the type of damage it is. And they didn't note any damage to the wheels down on their inspection report..

upload_2015-12-17_10-16-38.png

upload_2015-12-17_10-18-21.png

Example of one of the wheels.. you can actually see the black line where it's dragged across. The black line I can rub out, but its torn the coating.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Vredesteins mate! Ultrac cento were on Beccas old one and they were superb.

Her new one has PS3s on and I really don't rate them at all, over rated and over priced.

Trust me, go Vredesteins! :wink:

Ah too slow haha, just seen you already went PS3.