ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres for Sprinting...

172 Cup, Mini 1275
Hi All,

Quick question to anyone who is using their clio for sprinting..

What Tyre recomendations do you guys have.

Running in the standard production class, so they need to be list 1a tyres.

Running PE2s at the moment, and, while they work OK, some of the other guys seem to be using Toyo's that get mega sticky..

Any recomendations gratefuly received.

Thanks
Steve

I'm running Toyos T1R's at the moment on the Cup but will be changing to Yoko ADO8's for the 15" wheels when I get them next season, I think it's a case of you may need to try a few as everyone has a different view on what works on their car, similar thing to camber and suspension set up, just use what you've got and enjoy.

Regards Russ..........

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
AD08 are great when warmed up but need to be cautious on 1st practice, but are 3 times the price of T1R which are good for the money especially when shaved to 2-3mm from new.

If you are in standard class I wouldnt think you can change wheel size ?

172 Cup, Mini 1275
Thanks chaps... I am running complete boggo at the moment, still got the Turini's on it, so still on standard wheels.

One of the lads mentioned Yoko's yesterday at Goodwood, so might give them a whirl, but if I see a set of Toyo's going cheap, I will go for them.

Cheers again

Steve

182cup & 172 racecar
If you want to keep running Pe2's I am just about to take some off my car.I shall be bringing them to CS thingy at Gaydon if you want them,cheap.