ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres for my 182 CUP

RB 182 Cup
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 182 cup and am absolutely thrilled with her. The only problem is the front left tyre is nearly completely worn on one side and the rest of the tread is pretty bad also. The rest of the 3 tyres seem pretty decent. The problem I have is I don't really know what to do. What I'm thinking is that I can buy 2 new tyres and stick them on the front, and my best of the current tyres I can stick on the back.

The current tyres on the car are 205/45 R16 W Michelin Exalto's and I don't think they make them in that size anymore (or at least I cant find them). So what I'm getting to is, what tyres should I get? Performance is everything to me and I don't want to be stuck with some rubbish tyres on my beloved 182.

So, what tyres do you recommend? My current favourite is the Michelin Pilot sport 3, but I honestly don't know. What do you recommend?

Thanks for all replies.

Liam.

Lots of talk on tyres if you search, you should also be looking into why the wear is so bad on that one tyre, you could have a worn balljoint or track rod(s). Best to look into that as well as the tyres.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Once your new tyres are fitted (I recommend uniroyals rainsport2's or Pirelli p zero nero's this tome of year, budget dependant) get the geometry looked at or you will end up killing your new tyres.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Contisport contacts would be my choice. But at 130 a corner you are better off making your own choice as over 500 quid for tyres...you'd need to be sure. :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Contisport contacts would be my choice. But at 130 a corner you are better off making your own choice as over 500 quid for tyres...you'd need to be sure. :)

130 where at?

I would go Pirelli Pzero Nero personally. Easily as good as the michelins and much cheaper.

Or look at winter tyres for this time of year.

RB 182 Cup
Regarding the wear on the top-left tyre, its only on the inner part of the tyre which is worn all the way round. The outer tread of the tyre actually has abit of tread left. So, yeah I'll defiantly be looking into this.

As for tyre choices, thanks everyone for your suggestions. It's really helped.

PB Clio 172
Long as you get 2 decent tyres then get your tracking done :approve:

you don't have to buy top range, mid range will do you fine depends on your budget