ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Wear and you...

1.8 Civic EX
How frequently do you replace your tyre's?

So far I seem to be replacing my fronts once a year and I only do about 6-7k miles a year. I've always had Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's but surely they should be lasting longer than a year/7k miles ?!? :S

Anyone recommend some harder wearing tyres as I now need to replace all 4 ideally...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
PE2's

Every 7k would be a concern for me unless that's 7k Miles of very aggresive driving? including Track Days?

audi a6 3.0tdi
i got 16k out of pe2's and i don't tart about in it. that was from brand new to the wearlines.

1.8 Civic EX
Think i've wheelspun my car like twice in the 2 years of ownership, and never done a track day, it's just normal everyday driving...(tracking/alignment etc is fine too, had it checked everytime a new tyre fitted)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
The GSD 3's are softer than a fair few others.

My Exalto's seem to last around 12K. Mixture of normal and hard driving.:)

6k out of a pair of fronts, no trackdays or 1/4 miling and no I don't sit doing burnouts in maccys carpark either. Mich PE2's.

1.8 Civic EX
6k out of a pair of fronts, no trackdays or 1/4 miling and no I don't sit doing burnouts in maccys carpark either. Mich PE2's.

lol, just thought, I've never actually replaced both fronts at the same time...always been one or the other.

Maybe the reason for it...one side having more grip than the other causing it to run out quicker?!? (clutching at straws I know lol)

Dunlop SP Sport 9000 MFS - any good? seem to be the same price bracket as the F1's

PE2's are too much monies...

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
I had mich's on my Clio, albeit a dci I would imagine it was driven harder than 99% on RS' on the road. I got 15k miles from them. Including 15 laps on the ring and a few donuts/burnouts here and there.

C

Cupster

Dude, always keep the fronts the same wear tbh, I will be going back to Contis after the F1 rubber wears out tbh.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
How frequently do you replace your tyre's?

So far I seem to be replacing my fronts once a year and I only do about 6-7k miles a year. I've always had Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's but surely they should be lasting longer than a year/7k miles ?!? :S

Anyone recommend some harder wearing tyres as I now need to replace all 4 ideally...

ill give u the name of the ones on my beemer later ive got s**t load of tread left and ive been doing 11's all down the road lol and abit of slidy slidy

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I once got 80miles and one day lol

I replace them when they wear out.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol, I can vouch for that :rasp:

I should point out that all 4 needed replacing after that 15k miles, so maybe 6-7k miles from the fronts on their own which makes that around the same as yours.

The question is.. Which ones took more punishment:eek:

I'd try the Michellins Ryan. They're not that expensive on the scale of things, it will cost you what.. Maybe £40-80 more for a whole set, if you don't think they're worth the extra, don't get them again.

But I wouldn't go down the hard rubber route unless you're going to baby the car around.

b/g 182, meg tourer
my proxies (front) are 9 months old, no complaints. going strong and a fair bit of wear left. no idea how many miles i have driven with them tho. i guess about 8k i guess. no track days, several sprinted drives.

Last edited:
Tyre wear is down to compound though if you abuse it they will wear down

I've had a full set of tyres all round last 6k before now but they never last more than 15k all round so say 8k on adverage for a set of fronts.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Had my PE'2 on the car when i bought it, they were new ish. Done 10K since and they need replacing. They are more expensive but as they last longer than most other leading tyres for the RS (from what i've experienced and read here) and grip brilliantly they are definatly worth the money as you wont replace them as often

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The PE2's on the front of my 182 lasted 8k , moved the rears to the front ( like you always you should do ) new tyres on the back , then i got a total of 14k out of the fronts :)