ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre stretch

Titanium 182
Currently on my 7j lenso's I think they're 7j anyway, the stretch is 165/50 on 15" I was wondering if the tyres would go any further to an 8J or or would I be better getting some 185/55 or something like that?

phase 1 flamer 172
I think you would be "better" fitting the correct size tyres to the corresponding size rim, but its your car.

dan's cast offs.
get some 3.50x15 cross ply's on, will look well wicked and don't forget you want to run about -10deg camber to make sure you run only on the sidewall.

Titanium 182
I think you would be "better" fitting the correct size tyres to the corresponding size rim, but its your car.

I like the stretch I have at the moment but if it's too much stretch I wouldn't do it if get a bit bigger tyre, don't want a massive tyre over the rim, would never do a dangerous risky stretch.

phase 1 flamer 172
OK then, I don't like stretch, seems pointless exercise, but to be reasonable about it I think an 8 inch rim would be pushing it a bit on that size tyre, can offer no advice on any other size.