ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre stretch

Clio 1.4 dynamique s
Just wondering how everyone goes about stretching tyres onto their wheels.
Do most garages do this if you ask them ?

FYI - Don't actually do that! Some garages will do it if you ask, try a back street tyre shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Some will, some wont. Best to call and ask before and ask before just turning up.

how much of a stretch are we talking? What tyre and rim size?

172 CUP
Most legit places won't do it because of the high risk of a blow out. U'll wear them down twice as fast and look ridiculous IMO. I had stretched on my cup when i bought it, soon got them changed.
292391_4576575131838_1067594258_n.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
As above, all depends on tyre size and what the rim width is. If its a small amount most places will do it.

If its A silly amount, most places will probably refuse to do it.

Clio 1.4 dynamique s

FYI - Don't actually do that! Some garages will do it if you ask, try a back street tyre shop.

LOL. I seen this video a while back. Would never think of doing anything as stupid as that...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 1.4 dynamique s
Some will, some wont. Best to call and ask before and ask before just turning up.

how much of a stretch are we talking? What tyre and rim size?

im just looking into some 7j lenso's and I would only put something like 165/175's on them. I just think you need some sort of stretch to make that style of wheel look good...