ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Rotation

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

That's surely a video for retards?

On a dry day when I take the car for a blast I want the best tyres on the front.

Going by VBH's take on thing you woukd have to replace the rear tyres everytime they go to 4mm ish! I'm sorry but that ridiculous!

I would never have dangerous tyres on the car but no way would I be replacing rear tyres at 4mm.

I just don't feel that video replucates road conditions. It looks like a track surface. Just my imo but i've yet to spin a car in the wet no matter what tyres were on my car. I do drive like a girl in wet conditions though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it still stands, in that the axle with less tread depth will begin to aquaplane at a lower speed. However, I doubt many people would be driving at the cornering limits on a film of standing water like that.

It's just good sensible advice. I choose to ignore that sort of thing if I'm honest though (I don't like the feel of brand new tyres on the rear) - It doesn't mean I'm a raving lunatic and a liability to all other road users or anything though does it! ... cue those who will say otherwise...

182cup & 172 racecar
That's surely a video for retards?

On a dry day when I take the car for a blast I want the best tyres on the front.

Going by VBH's take on thing you woukd have to replace the rear tyres everytime they go to 4mm ish! I'm sorry but that ridiculous!

I would never have dangerous tyres on the car but no way would I be replacing rear tyres at 4mm.

I just don't feel that video replucates road conditions. It looks like a track surface. Just my imo but i've yet to spin a car in the wet no matter what tyres were on my car. I do drive like a girl in wet conditions though.

Gally, keep your kilt on mon. I always have my best tyres on the front anyway, but then I am a driving god.(plus I would give Vic one)

Ph1 ITB'd 172
She's doing it all wrong, any driving God knows that in a FWD when the rear goes you need POWER and a flick of the steering wheel and your back on track - Pah, Women!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gally, keep your kilt on mon. I always have my best tyres on the front anyway, but then I am a driving god.(plus I would give Vic one)

Ah I just realised you posted it! :eek: Senna's mentor iirc.