ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre question

Slow red one
Sorry if it's been asked but could not find my answer on a search. My tyres are 205/40/16 if I buy 2 new tyres with 205/45/16 will it matter? thanks.

Well searching for 205/45/16

In the recommended: Hankook V12s... these have had good rave reviews on them... search to see results, and on tyre reviews site... i ran them on my 1.2 and although its not a powerful car anyone can chuck it round corners and they are very good imo...

Ive also seen one or two on here say "if you can afford it Uniroyal Rainsport 2" so V12s or rainsports seem to have good reviews i think, wait for someone to back it up.
Depends on the budget...

I see your running 205 rather than 195... seeing as you asked about the extra 0.5cm... you should look into tyre profile sizes, i had to search before and learn something new... 195 is 19.5cm wide... 205 is 20.5cm wide

45 bit is 4.5cm thick from the rim outwards

And of course 16 is 16" tyre...

You could go for 195 tyres...its all preference really, ive read that 205 wide can Tramline abit, another thing to look into, its only 1cm wider in difference but people differ in opinions, hopefully people who have more experience in the difference can tell you soon.

b/g 182, meg tourer
any reason why the current tyres are a 40 wall? 40's will usually give a more bumpy/harsh ride than the standard 45 setup. i would personally stick to 205/45/16.
im with guysy on the hankook v12's, very good tyre!

Slow red one
any reason why the current tyres are a 40 wall? 40's will usually give a more bumpy/harsh ride than the standard 45 setup. i would personally stick to 205/45/16.
im with guysy on the hankook v12's, very good tyre!
Thanks guys, Not sure why they are on 40s but thats how they came when I brought the alloys. Will be looking in to some hankooks soon then:)

172DD Cup
i would have said they've fitted a wider tyre with a lower profile to compensate for the affect on the rolling radius, but it doesn't actually make too much difference. a 205/40 is 5mm less radius than a 195/45 and a 205/45 is 5mm more. stick with 45 for comfort :)