ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre question. Parada spec2.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I found two in work that were taken off last year when i replaced all four. They both have plenty of tread left so might be saving myself a few quid if these are a good track tyre???? That way i only have to buy two, before anyone says anything yes i know im a a pain lol

Dan

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Those tyres are legendary. If the track is dry and they are warm i don't think you can get better road legal tyres than that. But check if you're making a good deal ofc.

BlackGold 182
ill have some paradas up for sale at the end of the month, barely done 150 miles! all four looking for £140

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
ah right lol. I just need to know if they are good on track over what ive got now. Ive got two which are in really good condition so i would only need two more.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
They'll be ok. Super when warm as mentioned above.

They'll get you through a day of track racing at the very least, unless you're an awful pilot :rasp:

If you're only buying two, you're laughing. They're only about £40 a corner in 15" ! (£28 when I got a set a few years ago :eek: )

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Those tyres are legendary. If the track is dry and they are warm i don't think you can get better road legal tyres than that. But check if you're making a good deal ofc.

What?

Take it you havent tried A048 or Pilot sport cups or R888 then?

They are quite good for grip in the dry, but they are a long way from being a trackday tyre!

Evo 5 RS
fairly old compound now but great grip in the dry all the same, fairly terrible in the wet but no more so than Pilot Sports, yes that's right I just said Pilot sports (NOT the sport cups) are s**t in the wet, argue your case if you will

Last edited:
  Lotus Elise

im sorry, what?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL! I think he got a bit excited.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the average joe they're a good set of through? i.e not chasing times, just enjoying yourself?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I was hoping certain people would see this thread :). My plans keep changing as im so indecisive, but ive decided on getting four decent road tyres that will be great on track, better than what i have got (v12's). Initial plan was to buy 4 brand new toyo r1r's, federal rsr or a048 and put them on my spare set of wheels that way weather permitting i can drive there on one set, save swapping them etc. The bonus part was finding two paradas meaning i would only need two more, thats if they are worth gettingm and obviously they cost less. To be honest if they no better than the v12's dont think i will bother

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah thats the problem lol. Its a shame 888's arnt great in the wet lol

Actually a new set with full tread depth arent too bad compared to the vast majority of road tyres, its only when they wear down a bit they get really useless.

Rainsports are a good very cheap road tyre that works ok in the wet.

Actual proper wet tyres are epic though different league altogether, better than most road tyres are in the dry in fact, but the downside is they arent road legal to drive there on and they wont last five minutes if it dries out, so need using only when there is actual standing water.

Lotus Elise
When the tyre gets too hot and the rubber comes way from the carcase. Spec 2's had a rep for it a few years back.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right okay cheers. So i should be okay with these then? Only going to put them on if the forecast is dry otherwise will stick with what ive got

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
When the tyre gets too hot and the rubber comes way from the carcase. Spec 2's had a rep for it a few years back.

This is what happens with lots of heat, hence I would avoid on track.
The tread blocks literally fly off, not confidence inspiring.
In the wet be prepared as not very good.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you drive around pretty much within their grip limit, then delaminating isnt really an issue, and most other road tyres will not hold up will to proper track abuse either, so I wouldnt let it put you off too much if you have them lieing around and want to give them a try.

I always use proper trackday tyres though, they take abuse better and they grip much much better.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Well hopefully i will be doing a few trackdays this year so it might be an idea to get some proper tyres, just being tight at the moment as im spending money quicker than i earn it

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You do realise that unless you're racing every week, your tyre choices aren't going to change how much you enjoy the day, right?

I think people on here often think they're Lewis Hamilton or something, just go, have fun and try to improve. It's not like you're racing for pink slips.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, yeah i realise that and i suppose i am getting a tad carried away. Just looking for the best option over cost, but at the same time dont want to make a mistake.

182cup & 172 racecar
Dunlop Direzza's
Yoko A048
888's

I have no experience of any of these budget tyres,V8,V12,Parada 1,2,3's or whatever they are called.

By the way, 888's are good in the wet if the pressure's are reduced and suspension softened.

But saying all that,you're not after times and out for fun,so stick with what you can get for a decent price and see how you go.

In Hungary we raced on Pirelli P2000,sh1t tyre,but we shaved the tread off as much as we could,went out and had fun,mucho fun as well.

BlackGold 182
I did get it, was just about to reply, I will only be selling all 4 together sorry, also had a few offers already

182cup & 172 racecar
You do realise that unless you're racing every week, your tyre choices aren't going to change how much you enjoy the day, right?

I think people on here often think they're Lewis Hamilton or something, just go, have fun and try to improve. It's not like you're racing for pink slips.

Bang on Rob,you knob.;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Maybe its cause we know we arent lewis hamilton we need good tyres to avoid getting humiliated in the bends? lol