ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Psi, Oversteer.

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Im lowered on KTec Coilys which are all working fine (Dampers ext). I currently have toyo t1r's fitted which are brand new, but im finding im getting quite a bit of oversteer when pushing it.

Would lowering the Psi tyre pressure in the rear help sort this? or is it the over way round?

Thanks

Dodgy one
Im lowered on KTec Coilys which are all working fine (Dampers ext). I currently have toyo t1r's fitted which are brand new, but im finding im getting quite a bit of oversteer when pushing it.

Would lowering the Psi tyre pressure in the rear help sort this? or is it the over way round?

Thanks

:clown:

RB Clio 182 Cup
Are the coilovers adjustable? Maybe the rears are set too stiff. Modifying your driving style is much more likely the better option unless your tyre pressures are really far out from what they should be

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
When I got new tyres on the clio they pumped them up loads (front). Let out a tiny tiny amount using my brothers tyre pressure gauge and it stopped them sliding about quite a bit! was well impressed.

Worth a shot isn't it, you can always pump em up again ;)

ITB'd MK1
when you say a lot of oversteer, do you really mean a lot, or just that the back feels a bit loose? Personal preference, but i like the back to be trying to break away a bit, rather than understeer

RB 182
The fact they're brand new tyres won't be helping much either. Put a few miles on them and they should come good, my Toyos were a bit like this to begin with, but they're MUCH better with a few miles on them.

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Are the coilovers adjustable? Maybe the rears are set too stiff. Modifying your driving style is much more likely the better option unless your tyre pressures are really far out from what they should be

I can only adjust ride hight not the dampers/shocks :(

Its low but not as low as most coilyed clio's ive seen.

Clio 197 R27 Albi
when you say a lot of oversteer, do you really mean a lot, or just that the back feels a bit loose? Personal preference, but i like the back to be trying to break away a bit, rather than understeer

No the back end comes right out and it never used to, in some ways as you said its better, as before it understeered now it over steers.