ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre prices

Clio 172
Had my 172 Ph2 6 months now and the tyres are starting to wear down!

What kind of prices am i looking at for a full set of average tyres?

Get on the interweb, and search for Camskill, blackcircles, pneusonline and mytyres.

Browse until your heart is content.

Then come back and use the search function to see what others have recommended.

Price for 16" will be anything between 200 for four wan-li-ling-long-arrow-speed-sunny's

Or up to around 500 for some mich-conti-yoko-years.

Anything inbetween for some uni-toyo-kook's.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I wouldn't scrimp on them

Get yourself a coffee and have a read through the tyre poll thread at the top of this section. Plenty of info in there mate

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
tyre universe.. got f**k all in stock atm though but the prices are very good.

Cheapest I've found for ps3's by over £10 PT.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered some hankook evo v12 in 205 45 16 for £65 delivered from camskill. Bargain.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
loosing your job over? what a load of crock

I've never ever bought tyres from a tyre 'place' I always buy part worns on dodgy ebay deals and local place always fit them for me, and never bat an eyelid and that goes for every local place I've ever lived....well locally to over the years

RB Clio 182
I buy mine off the net and then its a tenner a tyre fitted and balanced at my local tyre fitters, it works out alot cheaper than getting them to order them in for me.

They always ask me where i got them from and say companies like camskill are killing their small business.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I buy mine off the net and then its a tenner a tyre fitted and balanced at my local tyre fitters, it works out alot cheaper than getting them to order them in for me.

They always ask me where i got them from and say companies like camskill are killing their small business.

I bet their margin is a less than £40 on a set they've supplied.

RB Clio 182
I bet their margin is a less than £40 on a set they've supplied.

What do you mean?

When i got a quote off them for the tyres supplied and fitted, it worked out a lot more than me supplying them and going to them for fitting only.

I saved quite a bit doing it this way, if thats what you meant.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Most don't mind if you supply parts your still paying them money for a relatively quick job, I think most businesses would take a small hit on margin for repeat business.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
What do you mean?

When i got a quote off them for the tyres supplied and fitted, it worked out a lot more than me supplying them and going to them for fitting only.

I saved quite a bit doing it this way, if thats what you meant.

They say online shops are killing their business but I suspect if they pushed their services rather than sales, they'd probably make more money. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of money in tyres.

You need to elaborate more. No one has any idea wtf you are on about???

If your place of work doesn't allow fitting of tyres someone else is supplying, that's your loss. I've never had an issue and I've been doing it for the last 10 years I've been driving.

RB Clio 182
just saying, would I risk my job over a tenner? nope !

+1

dumb_and_dumbererp7.jpg