ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Pressures on the track?

PH2 172
Thats what someone said to be run higher to stop the tyres wearing as much im putting some new michelins on the front but thinking that just for the track put the new michelins on the rear and the rear tyres on the front so that i dotn f**k the new michelin tyres up would that be ok

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I took new tyres on track once, never again. Bits of treadblock falling off, always use older tyres now.

PH2 172
thats the thing would they still f**k the michelins up even though they will be on the back as my 2 front tyres at the moment are going a little bit slickish not slick but close so aint sure if i should just use these for now then put the michelins on after.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mine got fucked up at bedford, quick track so that may be why they wore so quickly.

PH2 172
im going around castle combe and tis a very fast track so i think for now ill use the old frot tyres even though the outside edge is going abit slick but might swap the tyres rond so the slick part is on the inside then after the trackday put my new tyres on

put new tyres on and put them on the back, the fronts will wear out quicker then get 2 new fronts.

put them on before the trackday tho, best to have grip than a worn road tyre

PH2 172
well iv only got enough money at the moment for 2 new front tyres was just going to put the new ones on the back then after the track day put the new ones back on the front will the backs wear more on track

front will wear more, but rear is a lot lighter so i guess its best to have more grip there

+ you will get a lot more heat into the fronts.

When I first did a trackday I was advised to put the 2 tyres with the more grip at the back

PH2 172
I think what ill do is put my new michelins on the rear as long as they dont wear and stuff the edge much then put my rear ones on the front then after ill put the michelins back onto the front and the old ones back onto the rear hopefully the michelins havnt worn much as dont want them f**ked