ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre paint

Cup 172
Hi Guys,

i know people have different tastes and only tend to use tyre paint on track tyres but what you think to painting my Proxies as everyday wheels?

i quite like it?

:)

that explains it... why waste your time to start with unless there track tyre... all it does is bring unwanted attention from police and makes you look chavy!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Some lad down the road from me has done it to his MG ZR. I actually cringe when I see it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I don't see the issue with my answer tbh. I answered "what do you think?".

535d / t5 caravelle
As said mate, on track tyres why not, not on a daily though. But then again upto you, your car at the end of the day.

Cup 172
think ill leave it hahaha - wouldnt want bricks thrown at my car from the forum users haha thanks to the people that gave some advice worth reading :)

Listerine & Poledo
Painted tyres are, in the main, purely for racecar.

But I know that want to do it... I'd have painted in my Goodyears on the Mazda if I didn't have such shaky hands....and a short attention span.

IMG_20120703_170746-1.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
At least you have took the advice on board and not threw the toys out of the pram lol.

Theres a new shape Mini knocks around near where i live and the full sidewall of the tyres are actually painted silver, looks shocking lol.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Painted my alloys the other day, on my mates advice rather than mask the tyre I left it then just tyre painted them black.

Looks utter gash, but fortunately is peeling off quick anyway ;)

Cup 172
i painted my Astra alloys (before i had the clio) white - i went down the motorway after about 4 hours of drying got to my destination to see the paint had literally shifted across my alloy and had a big black crease down it haha was an awful job

Megane RS250
To be fair, driving a 182 around isn't particularly inconspicuous is it. If they don't pull you over for the noise then a bit of lettering on the tyres isn't going to phase them really.