ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Foam

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Hi all,

Driving along fields farm road the other night I happened to run over a blunt metal object (or so I thought) which jolted the car quite severely. Thinking nothing more of it I arrived home and parked the car up for the night.

The next morning before setting off for work I thought I'd have a quick gander round the car to check for damage. As I got to the rear the NSR tyre was as flat as a pancake, so this prompted me to use the standard Renault jizz can (which worked and inflated it). Now, the question is, what's the safest maximum speed I can go until I get a new tyre on (3 days time). I'll mainly be plodding to work in it - about 2 miles away and no more than 40mph. The tyre has quite a large split in the middle of the tread pattern so I'm hoping it holds until the new tyre is in - thoughts please>