ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Dressing

this is probably been asked a million times ,been using megs endurance tyre gel for a while ,thing is it says on bottle wont turn tyres brown(LIARS):nono: was out in torrential rain yesterday and today when the tyres were dry they were deffo FECKIN brown:mad: ,can anybody recomend something that will put the life and colour back into the tyres as i am getting really peeeeeed off with manufacturers saying that their products do this that and the other when quite clearly they dont.cheers guys.

Mk2 172
this is probably been asked a million times ,been using megs endurance tyre gel for a while ,thing is it says on bottle wont turn tyres brown(LIARS):nono: was out in torrential rain yesterday and today when the tyres were dry they were deffo FECKIN brown:mad: ,can anybody recomend something that will put the life and colour back into the tyres as i am getting really peeeeeed off with manufacturers saying that their products do this that and the other when quite clearly they dont.cheers guys.

Ive never found that with the meguiars tyre stuff. Works well i thought apart from it flickin off onto body a bit.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've never found Megs to turn the tyres brown, it'll wear off after a while revealing the tyre's true colour though.

106 GTi
Megs Endurance is pants, attracts dust and discolours.

AG Tyre Dressing/Vinyl and Rubber looks great but last minutes, show use only here.

Day to day use, Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Gel if you can stomach it's cost.

RB 182
CG New Look Gel doesn't last long and goes over the body work, I now use Poorboys Bold'n'Bright and it's really easy to apply as well.

Renault Clio S
AG Tyre Dressing/Vinyl and Rubber looks great but last minutes, show use only here.

^ quote from Rich (dunno what happen to the apropriate formatting)???

From the products I have used to date, AG Tyre Dressing seems to last the longest. I apply it directly by cloth for the matt finish. Applied a fresh layer on Friday afternoon and drove 230 miles in torrential rain on Sat/Sun. They still looked the mutts nuts this morning when I left for work.

Did freak me out a bit when I first used this product as it's like spraying your tyres with milk.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
See....This is an odd one, CG Trim gel is fantastic on michey and GY's but rubbish on the federals i've got on the vee!

i use this... seems to last nearly a week and doesnt discolour!

buy 1 get 1 free from halfords a while back

00002722.jpg

www.renparts.co.uk

00002722.jpg

ive got some but i don't rate it... seems to wear off fairly quick and difficult to apply evenly....

im using turtle wax spray one atm.. its clear... works well..

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I use endurance gel. Great stuff but it sprays up my doors everytime I us it! I'm sure it stains the paint as well :S

Am I applying too much or does this happen to everyone?

Are there any brands out there that don't do this?

Black Gold 182...

00002722.jpg

I use this stuff too, i just apply it with the same bit of sponge i keep in a plastic bag and i get a good black finish that lasts for a week...:)

Mito Sportiva 135
I used this stuff a while ago and thought it was good for the money. Don't they brand this product as the "Platinum Series Tyre Gel" now does anyone know or is that a different product? I tried both and seem the same to me. Good for restoring the blackness but don't really add much gloss I found.

00002722.jpg

I use this stuff too, i just apply it with the same bit of sponge i keep in a plastic bag and i get a good black finish that lasts for a week...:)

I used this stuff a while ago and thought it was good for the money. Don't they brand this product as the "Platinum Series Tyre Gel" now does anyone know or is that a different product? I tried both and seem the same to me. Good for restoring the blackness but don't really add much gloss I found.

yeah same stuff but rebranded.