ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Blackner

Nimbus Megane R26
Ok my uncle has some in like a 3L can, its a light yellow liquid and is really good stuff, but does anyone know the make of it or where i could get it?

Nimbus Megane R26
lol i know, hes away for a few weeks on holiday though hah. Nevermind ill just use crappy spray cans from halfords until he's back.

Kris, used Megs Endurance on yours when I PC'd it. Worth trying this, Megs Hot Wheels Wet Look from Halfrauds, or if you can stump up the cash, Blackfire Tyre Gel.

clio 197
Kris, used Megs Endurance on yours when I PC'd it. Worth trying this, Megs Hot Wheels Wet Look from Halfrauds, or if you can stump up the cash, Blackfire Tyre Gel.

where can you get the blackfire tyre gel from mate, ?

does frauds sell it,

Nimbus Megane R26
how you apply that blackfire one Jamie? Just pour onto applicator pads of would a pot/brush work better?

Not a 320d
lasts agers the blackfire, im due a new bottle too. I really do reccomend wearing gloves lol its rarther greasy, and dont over apply it, wipe the excess off once your done or itll end up all over your wheels. God i sound like a right retart.

Clean your tyres with something like an all purpose cleaner and a scrubbing brush, make sure they are really dry and use a sponge applicator pad (i use cheap car washing sponges cut up) to apply it.

120d M Sport
Ok my uncle has some in like a 3L can, its a light yellow liquid and is really good stuff, but does anyone know the make of it or where i could get it?

I'd bet its Autosmart Highstyle, I have a can of it myself.

Off your local Autosmart rep, go on their site and you should be able to find one local to you

Last edited:
cheers fella,

is it deffo worth the £16 if it is i will order some,

Well worth it, barely use any each time you apply it, the bottle and the product lasts a long time.

how you apply that blackfire one Jamie? Just pour onto applicator pads of would a pot/brush work better?

Small amount onto an applicator pad for me, buff off if required and reapply but that only applies to Megs. Blackfire is a wipe on and leave product.

I really do reccomend wearing gloves lol its rarther greasy, and dont over apply it

Always know someone has a head on their shoulders when they suggest this.

Clio 172 Cup
Am using Megs Tyre Gel, the purple one, works a treat, smells lush, and lasts for ages, 3 for 2 on at halfords to!

Mini Cooper S
I dropped and cracked my bottle. The stuff went all over the floor :(

Dipped the foam applicator in the pool of gel and all was well ;)

-B-

Almera GTi
Zaino Z-16 is best if you're after a more natural mat sheen. The trick with getting tyres nice and black is to clean them properly before applying dressing.

Clio 172 Cup
I rub on and then off with the megs, doesn't make them greasy just super clean, and beads all the water that touches after.

The Zaino ain't half bad, but does have a little bit of a mark up on it as people are going through the standard "AG, no DODO, no Zaino" phase.

Mr Valver, nothing wrong with that lad :)

120d M Sport
I splashed out on some Pinnacle Black Onyx tyre gel the other day which is finally a tyre dressing I've found that DOESN'T splatter on the arches etc. Expensive for what it is though

Most gels won't splatter, if you leave them to dry ;)

But seriously, dry tyres and wheels, carry on with rest of paint work, come back to them when they are fully dried out and light layer of product. Buff off if you want sheen rather than shine :)

120d M Sport
Jamie... with the Chem Guys New look trim gel I was using before, I'd degrease the tyre with G101 before application, let it dry, apply a layer of gel, buff off, apply another layer, buff back a bit again, and it would still splatter everywhere :(! So I've moved onto this and it seems to do the job somehow.