ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre advice wanted...

im gonna need to replace my front tyres pretty soon, at the mo ive got michelin sports on. however the rears are yoko a520s, and theyve got plenty of tread left in em.

should i get a set of yokos, and match the rears - has anybody else had/got a520s before?

change all 4 for something new - contis, goodyears etc?

or replace just the front 2, again with something different?

:confused: cheers for any help

Renault Laguna Coupe

Theres lots of personal preference in tyre choice. If you like the Michelins, get some more. If not, Yokos, Toyos are popular, Goodyear F1s are known to last well. But if youve been happy with the Michelins why change?

Yoko A520s?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :sick:

Well, in my opinion anyway! Nasty, nasty tyre in the wet, and with winter approaching fast, the only thing that will be faster is that hedge youll be heading towards on A520s! :confused:

If youre gonna keep em, swap em to the front to wear them out quicker, plus its better to have new tyres on the back so you dont lose the back end. Understeers easier to catch than oversteer!

Toyo Proxes are cheap and generally well rated, Goodyear Eagle F1s are one of the best (IMO) in the wet but a little soft, and the standard fit tyres on the 172s (Contisport? Michelin?) are well praised on here too.

Do a search for tyres - someones always asking!

i love my Goodyear F1s not cheap but def worth it, the car stops quicker, less wheelspin, and corners better, i changed the org contis at 6k front and back the F1s are still going strong and ive now done 12k.... and the best thing they have stopped that anoying tramlining you get with the Contis..good luck with what ever you choose !!

I have yoko a520s (205/40/16) all round on my mk1 172. In the dry they are superb, but in the wet they are lethal.....When Im next due to change my tyres I wont be getting them again. BTW what size are your a520s..?

bad man - my a520s are the standard 195/50/15s

cheers for the advice, looks like the over-riding opinion is to ditch all 4.

better get on the phone then.........

You wont get Yoko A520s for luv nor money - theyve stopped making em! I got some Yoko AVS sports 195/50/45 @ £45 each and there absolutley amazin!!!!!

Wet or Dry they feel as if there glued to the tarmac :D

Toyos will wear out well quick! Never had a problem with A539s but they are a lil iffy in the wet.. use to understear a hell of a lot which isnt to bad once you get use to how the cars going to react ;)