ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twisted backbox.. fix..

FF RB 182
The Clio I'm picking up on Saturday has the backbox twisted/one pipe sitting higher to the bumper than the other, from the advert it shows its a k-tec system.

Are both pipes welded to the back box or is one seperate?

Is it just a case of some new rubbers.. the harder polybush type ones? Or would it be just a case of slacking off the clamps and adjusting the backbox.

Can do this all myself at work, but just wanted to ask you guys so I could order up the right rubbers and get them fitted after i pick the car up.

What you guys think. Thanks

If its anything like my k-tec the left pipe is held on with a u clamp and can be adjust in and out round etc , the right pipe is welded , if its sitting down one side more than likely the mounts ! They are pants at the best times !

Ps you can't buy uprated ones (well I can't find any) and they are easy for just 3 13mm bolts on each mount and you can get them from renault or euro car parts ! Although my euro car parts lasted exactly 1 week before breaking , and apparently Renaults aren't that much better but are a lot more to buy! Hope this helps !

FF RB 182
It'll be a collapsed mount, they're terrible.

As in what I posted above?

This is the 'zaust

exhaust.JPG

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
The mounts arent like those powerflex ones theyl be like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item416fe2c098

Think you have 2 of them in the 182 one on a 172 and you'l have one of these too
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item3f21062ca7

lots of people bodge the rear hangers with sockets/ rubber or make them more solid by adding tiger seal or chopping the crap original rubber out and cable tying a powerflex mount in their (thats what ive done bit of a bodge but it works!)

As for uprated ones i think prima racing do some but there pricey i think around 40 quid each!

FF RB 182
The mounts arent like those powerflex ones theyl be like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item416fe2c098

Think you have 2 of them in the 182 one on a 172 and you'l have one of these too
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item3f21062ca7

lots of people bodge the rear hangers with sockets/ rubber or make them more solid by adding tiger seal or chopping the crap original rubber out and cable tying a powerflex mount in their (thats what ive done bit of a bodge but it works!)

As for uprated ones i think prima racing do some but there pricey i think around 40 quid each!

Thanks for this, now I understand i'm a welder so will have a look and could poss fabricate a bracket with another rubber or something.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah one of your rear hangars need replacing buy a new one and put something in them to support it from collapsing again.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
That thread has got the socket mod/ powerflex mod and the centre bracket jubilee mod.
I did the socket thing first but it looked well pikey when it started to rust so then did the powerflex mod and no prbs since.
I've also done the jubilee clip thing on the centre hanger

FF RB 182
That thread has got the socket mod/ powerflex mod and the centre bracket jubilee mod.
I did the socket thing first but it looked well pikey when it started to rust so then did the powerflex mod and no prbs since.
I've also done the jubilee clip thing on the centre hanger

Cheers for that, some proper pikey s**t going on there! I'll get under the car and see what needs doing after i've done it, will fit the new ones for now then modifiy the old ones to fit, sure work something out.