ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tweeters in dash

Hi all, just signed up now!

Anyways, Ive got some components running off a separate amp in the front doors. Problem is, I need to move the new tweeters to underneath the dash where the oe tweeters are. Any ideas how I can take the dash off? Its a 2001 Pre-facelift Clio with a passenger airbag.

Thanx,

IRF

Clio II and Grand Modus

it´s not very hard at all, just take off the A-pilar covers and loosen all the screws. 3 at the windscreen(top af dash), 2 at the end of dash, and 2 beneth the stearing collum(at the dials) think collum have 3 screws at the under side, and then pull back and up.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Disconnect battery 1st tho!!!!!!!!!!! Or if you piss it up...Pop goes the weasel!

lol good idea! so how many people have actually taken their dash out? is it really a matter of a few screws or is there more? also is there any way i can just lift one side out at a time instead?

Clio II and Grand Modus

It´s just as I said, 7 screws and 3 under the stearing collum and pilar covers. You have to get the whole dash off as you can´t lift one side at a time. You might have to unmount the display cover, but it´s only done with clips........Had my tweeter´s build in so I can angle them towards the seats and I cut the grill/hole in the dash out. Looks the bizz:D

[Edited by Michael on 15 August 2004 at 1:27am]