ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV tuners for PC's / Mac's

Any of you guy's run a TV tuner on your PC/Mac?

I have been looking at one that plugs into usb and comes with a small aerial, but I ve heard if you can't plug it into a main house type aerial then they aren't up to much.

Cheers

SchwepTek™
Yep you are right. I bought the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid (digital and analogue inputs) for my mac but it worked with PC too. We have very poor analogue reception and no freeview in our area. The picture was shocking so i sold it! If you get freeview i cant see any problems. :)

Yep you are right. I bought the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid (digital and analogue inputs) for my mac but it worked with PC too. We have very poor analogue reception and no freeview in our area. The picture was shocking so i sold it! If you get freeview i cant see any problems. :)

Cheers for the reply mate.

I haven't a clue if my house is good or bad reception as everything comes in via the Sky dish. I didn't want to spunk £50 on something that ain't going to work unless you have a very good external aerial and good reception.

Thanks again:)

None
I wouldnt get a usb one unless you live near a tv mast. I got a wintv freeview pci card spare - no box or drivers but you can get the drivers online, can have it for 15 quid or something lol

335i M SPORT!!!!
I got 2 Nova T pci cards, They've never failed me........yet....

There freeview cards i use with Vista media Center,

Recommended, only if you have good freeview reception

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I got 2 Nova T pci cards, They've never failed me........yet....

There freeview cards i use with Vista media Center,

Recommended, only if you have good freeview reception

I have 3 Nova-T's and a dual tuner Nova-T 500

They are massive in the Linux PVR (MythTV) market and really do make a good choice. Just dump the software you get with the cards though as its useless.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
I've got an EyeTV 410, plus an EyeTV Diversity (twin tuner) and I have all three tuners running off one socket, using a booster. I get a great signal and it works brilliantly with the Elgato EyeTV 3 software.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
I've got a little £30 Freecom USB DVB card. Once I'd run a proper aerial feed for it, and taken the booster off that feed since it doesn't like the signal too strong, it started working beautifully. Paired with a little bit of freeware to make it appear as a standard media stream too and I'm free of the crappy player software that it came with too. I can sit with a tiny TV window in the corner of my laptop screen whilst I work in my study :).