ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV Switchover Issues....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I've just had a call off my ex, she is in tears over this bloody switchover thing and is really struggling.

She has this TV

http://www.bestpricehotdeals.com/pr...2m1ca-32-hd-ready-digital-lcd-tv---wow-1.html

And wants to continue watching the internal freeview channels on it, which I am guessing no longer work on it since the switchover, an it needs re tuning?

She says she has tried everything, google doesnt give me much info other than the generic "Re scan for channels".

I this TV compatiable with the switchover?

Im guessing the TV is currently plugged into the aeriel socket on the wall? Is this correct?

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
What??

She shouldn't even need to re-tune.

If it's digital (freeview) she's been watching, then there should be no issue.

You do need to retune freeview. At least round here you do, been loads of adverts and things on the local news about it.
Doubt you can get a freeview that doesn't let you retune it though lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Well she has just phoned me, saying that she has lost every channel bar 3 and they are really blurry? Coincidence? or nothing todo with the switchover?

Does this TV even need to be plugged in through the aerial socket?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Get her to try this:

Hit Menu on the remote. Then scroll down to TV, hit ok on the remote.

Scroll down to Channels and hit ok on the remote.

Scroll to Update Scan. Hit ok.

The TV should now start to retune.

renault clio 182
course it needs to be plugged in! Im in the industry and its ludicrous you cant read literature about it, theres loads of info on the net!! Find out what t.v transmitter your receiving ur pics from, google it! if ur in step 1 of the switchover, you wont receive all the channels as it takes a while to turn off analog and increase power on digital side! It takes 2 weeks, after the step 2 date, you then retune ur tv and you receive all the channels! Thats if your aerial is suitable, just because you receive all digi channels before swtchover doesnt mean youl get them after as some are changing frequencies.

Tell her to stop blubbing, call up a local aerial company who will tell her whats going on, make sure theyre CAI members and RDI-LB registered, then she wont get ripped off! If she cant wait 2 weeks then tell her to call a company and get freesat installed!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've wacked her postcode into the website, turns out she isnt getting switched off till 21st so its not that.

She has tried to install a DVD player and seems to have lost the channels, and has tried 20 times to re tune using the above and nothing :(

Evo 6, E92 320d
Well she has just phoned me, saying that she has lost every channel bar 3 and they are really blurry? Coincidence? or nothing todo with the switchover?

Does this TV even need to be plugged in through the aerial socket?

Sounds like she may be on analogue mode.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
course it needs to be plugged in! Im in the industry and its ludicrous you cant read literature about it, theres loads of info on the net!! Find out what t.v transmitter your receiving ur pics from, google it! if ur in step 1 of the switchover, you wont receive all the channels as it takes a while to turn off analog and increase power on digital side! It takes 2 weeks, after the step 2 date, you then retune ur tv and you receive all the channels! Thats if your aerial is suitable, just because you receive all digi channels before swtchover doesnt mean youl get them after as some are changing frequencies.

Tell her to stop blubbing, call up a local aerial company who will tell her whats going on, make sure theyre CAI members and RDI-LB registered, then she wont get ripped off! If she cant wait 2 weeks then tell her to call a company and get freesat installed!

calm-down.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Whats the differecne between free sat and what she has now built in the TV?

Its an apartment/flat, am I right in thinking the aeriel on the roof could be useless when theres a switch over? OR doesnt this matter with the in built free view?

I just download and stream everthing, havent watched the TV for months lol

renault clio 182
lol im calm now, winds me up though, make sure shes got the cable from the socket plugged straight into the t.v, forget the dvd for the mo, then she should get pics, tell her to make sure shes on dtv and guide her through an auto channel scan

renault clio 182
theres an ATV/DTV button, she needs DTV. The aerial should be ok but the managemnet company can get someone out to check it, tbh sounds like something shes done!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
LOL Sorry for n00bness, its hard to sort over the phone, ATV/DTV isnt on the remote? is it a button or in a menu?

Cant see it in the manual?

Bumder With A Buffer
Usually the analogue channels were 1-10..up you pressed the channel up button when on Analogue channel 10 it went over to DTV.

Well at least on my Samsung it does. It's a thrash when you want to go from channel 1 to 801...nope fu im going to analogue channel whatever...Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was going to say in my original post, Ex? Tell her that the answer to her tv problems resides in your spunk, she'll have to suck it out of ya!

MGM

Clio 172
it would have been blurry for a reason yesterday assuming you are both in birmingham. the station in your area started switchover yesterday.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You're trying to help an ex? Someone obvoiusly still wants to get their willy wet.