ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV Stuff - NowTV, BT TV etc...

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I don't watch TV, TV is s**t, TV bores me, there are many more interesting things to do in life, but I just purchased a £20 nowTV box thing so my 3 year old daughter can watch films on it.

I pay £10 and you can watch films all day long for free, it has a shed load of Disney stuff she likes.

when upgrading my bt internet to unlimited usage the guy was trying to sell me BT tv, he tried the whole sport sale pitch to me which did nothing at all. as far as I can tell BT tv doesn't do free films, you have to rent them on top. upon looking at their site I see you can watch discovery channel etc... which kind of interested me

is nowTV the best thing for my needs, or is there something better out there.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Get a Android box and install Kodi and watch whatever you like for free.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Get a Android box and install Kodi and watch whatever you like for free.
No offence but it's just not what 90% of people want. I gave it a go again for the last few weeks, initially I was impressed... then, same old same old. The addon I was using is just f**king useless out of the blue, genesis. f**k all wanted to play.

Basically, it's a great novelty, but when it doesn't want to work it's just painful.

If you're that way inclined, download, stream to tv. Takes minutes, works every time.

CursedTitanium 182FF
I've been using xbmc/kodi for a fair while, never had a problem with it Rob. All plugins work, al I have to do is type in a search box what I want to watch and bingo there it is.
I use a Raspberry Pi running OSMC version of Kodi.
My plugins are:
1Channel
FilmOn.Tv
Icefilms
Movie4K
Navi-X
Project Free TV

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've been using xbmc/kodi for a fair while, never had a problem with it Rob. All plugins work, al I have to do is type in a search box what I want to watch and bingo there it is.
But they don't. They all have down days, updates, all manner of s**t. It's never going to be perfect, it's an illegal source.

It's jut not as convenient as netflix or similar, and then downloading the latest content and streaming if that's what you're yearning for.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I need something wife friendly, something she can just turn on and work.

will check out Netflix and see whats its like

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
BT TV is horseshit. The box I was given took 5 minutes to load from standby, the menu was slower than the worst Virgin Media box, and the SD and HD channels were ordered in such a strange manner. I had it for one month then chopped it in for Sky, I was willing to pay £60/month just to get rid of it.

As said, if it's just to watch the odd random documentary, and kids programs, Netflix and NowTV will suit your needs just fine.