ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV Install Inspiration

Nissan Jewk
I've bought a new build flat, and it'll be ready to move into at the end of Feb. Was able to see the flat for measuring up for Curtains/blinds etc, and took a snap of where the TV will be.

I currently have my tv mounted onto a wall bracket, that sits within an Ikea unit (the Besta range). But having measured up, this unit won't fit in the living room, so need a new media solution.

This is the space I have to work with:

photo.jpg

Ideally I'd want the TV mounted onto the wall, but I have concerns about the radiator. I'm thinking of some sort of media unit, but can't find a decent one that will house a sky box, blu-ray player, amp, xbox, wii...

Would be good to get something installed just before I move in, but need some much needed inspiration here!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 69
First thing, move the radiator.

Also what's behind that wall, anywhere you Put a cabinet to house all of the units? Just control them through the tv controls.

Nissan Jewk
Here's the only other pic I have of this part of the flat:

photo2.jpg

To the left of these doors is the wall with the radiator. To the right is the wall where the sofa would be. Couldn't zoom out anymore with my phone unfortunately!

The original pic was taken from the perspective of where the sofa would be. Thats pretty much the living room, any other space not seen in the photos would be the kitchen area, it's all open plan. I know i'm not giving you guys much to go on unfortunately!

Nissan Jewk
Looking at that pic I would put it on a stand in the bottom right corner or if wall mounted I'd put it on the left wall.

As it stands, i'm having the sofa on the left wall as you look at the plan, with the balcony door to the right of the sofa, which only really leaves the tv to go on the wall opposite? Don't really want the tv on a stand as my little boy is just about to start walking, and is already drawn to my tv and peoples tv stands in general!

I wouldn't worry about a tv with a young kid, iv just done it and he's nearly 4, won't be a problem. Personally the only real solution in a weird shaped room like that. Would be the tv on the longer wall, with two 2 seaters facing each other, one backing the kitchen, one backing the balcony.

I've got a smallish flat and I've recently bought this for my living room.

8f87d133.jpg

Just holds my 42" tv. Great for storage as I find that's a problem in a small flat. And free's up a load of space. Since I put it up my flat feels a lot bigger.

Yeh I know. I've literally just put it up. Got the trunking for the cables to put in next week when in off work and my laptop isn't normally over there. Just general sorting and tidying to do now

SQ5
Build a nice false wall out of MDF and do something like this

519adcc4-0520-6db2.jpg

Or we could supply a nice pole and have a nice cupboard below for equipment

519adcc4-0555-53f2.jpg

Or be really swish and buy the flat underneath just to do this ;)

519adcc4-0577-ea90.jpg

519adcc4-0593-85e3.jpg

Clio
If you want it in the corner why not build a false wall across the angle and build a fire guard into it. I've not explained it very well but I'll do a special paint mock up tomorrow. Could look OK but i can't tell how much the radiator will need to be into the false wall if any.

This give you a rough idea of how we did ours, dont know if itl be of any help. We had a chimney breast to build between so just built in some made to measure shelves for all the ps3 bits etc. Then shelves above.
tvinstall.jpg