ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turning airbag light off with CLIP?

Ph2 Clio 172
Am I correct in thinking that you can turn off the airbag light with CLIP so that even without any resistors or an airbag fitted the lights will come on when you start the ignition as normal but then go off and stay off?

If so where can I get it done and how much will it cost me?

My airbag lights on and no matter what I do with resistors or fiddling with the cables under the seat nothing seems to turn it off, and my MOT is in a week.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Yes you are correct, it can also be done with an RSTuner that has the Air Bag module.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Pretty sure you just tell it that that airbag was never fitted.

Ph2 Clio 172
Its not fired as very rarely it will randomly turn off. But this is once in a blue moon.

Clip sounds like a route if I can find someone near me. Interesting about the RS Tuner option. Didn't know this. How much is the airbag module?

Ph2 Clio 172
Cheers for the offer but yes your a bit of a drive away :)

Is there anyone near Surrey that can use CLIP to disable the check for the Airbag to turn the light off?

The RS Tuner option might be good too. But its expensive to buy an RS Tuner, unlock code (and presumably the airbag module?) just to get it through an MOT.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I had the same issue as Fletcher as it happens. I have resistors on all my airbag circuits besides the steering wheel but one must have come loose as it randoms on/off, Mike@Rentech tried turning it off but said it wouldn't accept it and it's just how it goes (some let you, some don't). I'll just rip the seats up before MOT time and make sure the resistors are in position etc.

Ph2 Clio 172
I've found lots of claims an RS Tuner can do it, but very little from people who have actually done it. ~£170 is a lot to pay to find out it doesn't work, even if I do then sell it on.
I may take you up on your offer Graham. Are you about over the bank holiday weekend?