ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turinis or Superleggas?

Megane 225 Cup
Hey Guys,

Im getting alloys and tyres in the summer for my alize

How much are both of these and does anyone have any pics / where can i buy them from.

Or any other suggestions.. i just hear these look good on clios..

my car is dark green. like british racing i spose.. metallic.

Renaultsport Clio 182
Both lovely wheels in my opinion. Superleggera's are lighter if I remember correctly, though Turini's look better ;)

Check out www.wheelbasedirect.co.uk. I got my Superleggera's from there (had them on my previous car, a 106 GTi), and their prices were unbeatable. You can also choose different tyres, it's best to give them a ring for the most accurate quote.

Mégane RS
CIMG2475Medium.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
Final_Maxim said:
dont have either of those :\, both overdone ten times over, if you HAVE to, get the supers

glad people are finally coming to my way of thinking ;) although they do still both look nice :)

Mondeo STTDCI
Leggera's EVERY time.

When I had a 1.2 Extreme I stuck on Super T's cos the Leggera's were outta stock. Always regretted it!

Megane 225 Cup
oooooh they are nice.. does anyone have any other suggestions as some people have said not to buy them,

oh yeah and i presume 16"s? (dont want to cut my arches or anything.

tyres?

A well built VW
17s will fit no problems It has to be the supperl's

The green sheep must be a similar colour to yours and he has turinis im sure theres a pic somewhere

Megane 225 Cup
Really??!?! you can fit 17's wow... even on a alize?

would i have to have some super low pros on it then?

or would it bottom out if i got a couple of people in it?

also would i need spacers?

Motorbikes
wont bottom out as it aint affecting your suspension. might need your arches rolled though if you want to lower it. i found that wheelbasedirect arent the cheapest atm, halfords have a sale on atm and you can get 16s with tyres cheaper there, and they wont require postage!

i've beena sking myself exactly the same question, but i may have decided i'll take the superlegs

Last edited:
  Megane 225 Cup
Yeah sure that's cool..

Im not touching the suspension i just wanna put alloys on it... maybe in the summer ill do some more stuff to it.

Chocolate Bar™
dont get 17s then it'll look like a bus, i'd stick to 15's 16s at the most without lowering

Megane 225 Cup
Gents,

I found some wicked wheels

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=235710&categoryId=49603&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=49603&crumb=31402&varient=&CarSelectorCatalogId=#

I think they are nice and would look good on my dark car.. plus i cant get them for £310 as my mate works at halfords..

Do you think they are big enough though.. im tempted but with standard sus would they look good??

Comments much appreciated.. as im really considering this..

Octavia VRS
Turinis mate and get them in 16". Saner has some pics of his Clio with Turinis and it looks mint.

Good to see another Alize owner, I've got a dark metallic red Alize. Lower it 30-40mm on Apex/Eibach springs as well!

Not keen on those halford wheels tho

If you are die hard fans of Renault Clio, stick with Turini.

If you want better resell price, go for Speedline Turini (not Renault one), I think because more brand of car can use without the diamond logo.

But if you want light weight, go for Superleggas! Turini is not light at all as many Japanese wheels are very light in 16". But I would say TUrini is strong.

Megane 225 Cup
Yeah im beginning to think that turinis in like a darker grey colour would look good. considering the colour of my car.

16's should be good as well.. i can lower it later.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
fungusman said:
Gents,

I found some wicked wheels

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=235710&categoryId=49603&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=49603&crumb=31402&varient=&CarSelectorCatalogId=#

I think they are nice and would look good on my dark car.. plus i cant get them for £310 as my mate works at halfords..

Do you think they are big enough though.. im tempted but with standard sus would they look good??

Comments much appreciated.. as im really considering this..

Sorry mate , those wheels are f*ckin ugly lookin' things , no wonder they are so cheap :dapprove: . Go for Turinis .

MrBillyUK !

Chocolate Bar™
those wheels arent great tbh, although i wouldnt say 'turinis and superlegs are the be all and end all' there are lots of other really nice wheels out there, you just need to keep looking. Depends on budget really, i'd seriously consider getting your standard alloys done in a different colour, can look just as good for less money, especially without lowering.