ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo's

big boost cup
I have had a search but nothing has provided the answer.
having had my supercharged cup for a while now and having great fun in it. I'm after some more power (again). Having spoke to a few people about fitting the bigger Rotrex we came to the conclusion it wont fit without a massive amount of fabrication. So i have decided to go down the turbo route. what im after is a list of turbos that will allow 400hp and still fit with relative ease.
I also want it to have a screamer pipe and external wastegate if possible.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
anything above T25/T28 hybrid i think you'll start to struggle for clearance on the bulkhead with log manifold, so your probably talking 5 GTT style, turbo where battery is job to fit a T3 series turbo

Mental 172 Cup
As above, behind the bulkhead will be a struggle so custom manifold (unsure if anyone does them) bigger turbo then a GT28 or any other suggestions..

HBT 172 Cup
2871R is going to be your best bet on a log manifold. T.Trophy managed 371bhp with that setup.

Custom manifold is always going to be better, but if your working to space constraints you'll be limited to a T2 style flange.

Mental 172 Cup
2871R is going to be your best bet on a log manifold. T.Trophy managed 371bhp with that setup.

Custom manifold is always going to be better, but if your working to space constraints you'll be limited to a T2 style flange.

2871R is right at the limit at 400bhp better off going bigger..

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
You will also have to think about heater matrix pipes, coolant bottle and power steering pipes/res this is what put me off a custom 4 branch.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Gt3071r with a .82 exhaust housing is what I normally use on a 2 litre for 400bhp

Will be pulling hard by under 4k and still have plenty of go when you max the engine rpm at just under 8k

You'll need a decent manifold though

big boost cup
Gt3071r with a .82 exhaust housing is what I normally use on a 2 litre for 400bhp

Will be pulling hard by under 4k and still have plenty of go when you max the engine rpm at just under 8k

You'll need a decent manifold though

Thats the turbo i was looking at Chip. any ideas on a "Decent" manifold or will that also be on a custom jobbie

Listerine & Poledo
Turbo AND Supercharger?

That would be something of great magnitude (and minimal lag)

big boost cup
will have to have a look around for somebody capable to make one then. im at combe tomorrow so i shall rack your brains there lol

535d / t5 caravelle
how long has it been supercharged and has it been reliable out of interest?

535d / t5 caravelle
This is a very temping upgrade for the future! nice to know its going strong, you hear some horror stories,but then people only post when there going wrong.