ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo vs NA - and all that torque...

No more clio's for me!
RS didn't look that compossed at all!

Mark, after cracking vid and cracking driving, some serious hassle given :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
ChorleyFM said:
Not taking any credit away from you Mark, but he seemed all over the shop. Good stuff :D

Yep, he was, hit a few apexes ok, but had really strange lines elsewhere.

What surprised me was the run, at about 1:30 in, down the 1km back straight...I didn't get particularly good drive out of Bank (hooked 3rd too soon), but he was coming back to me 2/3 of the way down...maybe his car was sick...didn't sound or look it though.

E90
his track positioning and lines are w.ank, well done for making him look silly. Is it suppose to throw that much sooty smoke out on overrun??

Recaro Black Gold 182
Yeah, when coming to a corner and he would change down an almighty puff of smoke kicked out from his exhaust, lol.

Weeman sucks ****
Weeman said:
his track positioning and lines are w.ank, well done for making him look silly. Is it suppose to throw that much sooty smoke out on overrun??

Yep, his lines are shite! That left hander at the end fo the main back straight can be done 4th;)

Top stuff Mark, looked like you owned him:D

Weeman said:

He may be a relative newbie though. When I was building up to a first trackday everyone here was like "go at your own pace", "just enjoy it", "don't worry if you are being overtaken by everyone" etc. I'm sure if a video of me being followed/overtaken by someone in a 'lesser' car shows up one day I will be called "silly" too, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Some of the comments posted when vids crop up of someone being "owned" don't exactly inspire confidence to anyone wanting to get into the trackday scene.

53 plate Clio 172
I was there bro in my mates Evo 8(Violet - Gold wheels)
You was flying bro!
Good to see you flying the Renault flag
The trophy was quick too.
Shame bout the Corsa lol

E91 M Sport
ukaskew said:
He may be a relative newbie though. When I was building up to a first trackday everyone here was like "go at your own pace", "just enjoy it", "don't worry if you are being overtaken by everyone" etc. I'm sure if a video of me being followed/overtaken by someone in a 'lesser' car shows up one day I will be called "silly" too, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Some of the comments posted when vids crop up of someone being "owned" don't exactly inspire confidence to anyone wanting to get into the trackday scene.

I agree - when I did a trackday at Donnington Park we could have an additional driver, so I let my gf take the M Roadster round for a couple of laps, obviously she didn't want (or know how) to push it. Would be pretty pointless starting to claim ownership of that :S

When I was back in again I won the trackday.....hang on, that's not what its all about.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
miketheman2k said:
I agree - when I did a trackday at Donnington Park we could have an additional driver, so I let my gf take the M Roadster round for a couple of laps, obviously she didn't want (or know how) to push it. Would be pretty pointless starting to claim ownership of that :S

When I was back in again I won the trackday.....hang on, that's not what its all about.

Also agree there is a big gap in peoples abilities on track at the same time. Some events the driving standards are far better than others. My gf gets a bit intimidated sometimes and dosent want to drive get her on the track on her own (no other cars) then she loves it.

My recommendation is drive within yourself and gain confidence in what you are doing there will always be someone faster than you who you have to let past so be aware. I love my trackdays.

The main thing is you enjoy what you are doing.......

I know the guy wasn't the best driver in the world but this proves what i've been saying for a while. Standard RS Focus is not 'that' (not what some ppl think they are) fast, and the Evo Mag 0-100 times are a load of BS. I raced a chipped/exhaust RS and it was dead equal and later watched it at Crail and it was running the same times as my Cup with a panel filter, R Sport, de-cat/exhaust.

You got anymore videos?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Neil82cup said:
I know the guy wasn't the best driver in the world but this proves what i've been saying for a while. Standard RS Focus is not 'that' (not what some ppl think they are) fast, and the Evo Mag 0-100 times are a load of BS. I raced a chipped/exhaust RS and it was dead equal and later watched it at Crail and it was running the same times as my Cup with a panel filter, R Sport, de-cat/exhaust.

You got anymore videos?

You comments are not that valid really, have a day driving both round the track and im sure your opinion of the RS will change. Until then you can only compare driver vs driver not car vs car.

The driver of the Focus was not the best to say the least so its not really a fair comparison. I use the cup for drackdays and it can embarase a few thing example a New V8 Vantage Aston and a 305hp supercharged CTR on slicks at Donny last week but hey im not saying the cups quicker than an Aston cause it isnt.......

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Neil82cup said:

You got anymore videos?

You comments are not that valid really, have a day driving both round the track and im sure your opinion of the RS will change. Until then you can only compare driver vs driver not car vs car.

The driver of the Focus was not the best to say the least so its not really a fair comparison. I use the cup for drackdays and it can embarase a few thing example a New V8 Vantage Aston and a 305hp supercharged CTR on slicks at Donny last week but hey im not saying the cups quicker than an Aston cause it isnt.......

MKIII 138
EVOgone said:
Also agree there is a big gap in peoples abilities on track at the same time. Some events the driving standards are far better than others.

so whats the difference from the road ? why is there a load of people who scoff at 172`s beating S2000`s or anything really yes even evo`s when you look at vids (not just that one) and see a big power car geting eaten by say a 120hp pug gti because someone can drive properly. all this big power stuff is just created by car manufacturers for one salesman to say to his nxt door neighbour "hey my car has 300hp" , "oh yea mine has 400bhp" neither could manage in a road/track race against a car with 1/4 of the power if there was a decent driver at the helm.

just my thoughts.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
meggerman said:
so whats the difference from the road ?
just my thoughts.

People are not racing each other on the road (or shouldnt anyways).

On a trackday everyone usually pushes their limits and the speeds are much higher, so it has a lot more potential for disaster..

As said we can only compare driver vs driver not car vs car.

Big hp car are not just for show its just that most people who can afford them carnt drive them. I know i would be a lot faster round the track in an EVO than the cup as i used to have one.....!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol...Hummm...Focus driving is re-inventing the racing line and benefitin from the power of the RS.

Nippy white cup
jon_r said:
Where's that video of Davids 182 and Steve's RS when you need it!

Although that is a good vid it is only showing top end....get a Vectra cruiser that has a 155 top end and the same will happen but it doesn`t mean it is faster in other areas

Chris