ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo-ing my engine help!

raw striker
what about a supercharger in there as oppose to a turbo? could produce the same sort of power but none of the lag :)

A

ashy_gtt

Not sure where these 8k figures come from, if you are competant with a welder and spanners you can do it for a fraction of the cost!

Not sure what the kit costs from K-Tec but I guess its not cheap? but I supose it takes a lot of the messing around and fabricating away.

As For fuel mines fairly heavy, cost £96.00 to drive to pod do a few runs and drive back... Thats about 450 - 500 miles all in... And most of that was cruising on the motorway...

If im blasting around on short trips it'll eat a tank in about 150-200 miles.

The thing is I wouldn't do it to my everyday car, its ok if its a weekend car...

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
The 8k is how much i have to spend at the mo. it costs about 5k for the kit from k-tec or £6.100 fitted

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Alot of power for the front wheels i think, i know you said you wanna be unique and all that but its still a bit of a gamble to get everything to the right consistency i.e brakes,chassis (would it hold?) driveshafts etc etc.

Are you doing the work yourself?

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Alot of power for the front wheels i think, i know you said you wanna be unique and all that but its still a bit of a gamble to get everything to the right consistency i.e brakes,chassis (would it hold?) driveshafts etc etc.

Are you doing the work yourself?
Ye i will be doing most of the work. Iv done the same sort of thing before so its ok