ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo for a 1.2?

crashed clio
MK3 clios came as 1.2 turbos with 100bhp, so would it be possible in theory to use the turbo from a mk3 on a mk2? if so, what sort of stuff would i need and has anyone else attempted this?

:)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've got a Clio III 1.2TCe on my drive for my better half - very nippy and fun but as above, for the price of the parts it wouldn't be worth it. Even if you managed to find a crash damaged vehicle I'd put in a cavalier guess at around £2.5-3k and for what 100PS :lol: We only paid £7600 for our 9month old Clio III TCe

crashed clio
I've got a Clio III 1.2TCe on my drive for my better half - very nippy and fun but as above, for the price of the parts it wouldn't be worth it. Even if you managed to find a crash damaged vehicle I'd put in a cavalier guess at around £2.5-3k and for what 100PS :lol: We only paid £7600 for our 9month old Clio III TCe

hmm, yea i had a feeling that would be the case. guess there really is no way of getting more power out of my ickle engine then lol. gonna have to wait till i finish uni to buy a real car :p

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You could get 500HP out if it if you tried, but it would involve a LOT of cash. Anything is possible (almost) with enough boost, NoS and forged parts haha !!

Look for a dCi 80 or 100.. MUCH faster than a 1.2 and probably not a lot more expensive to run/insure etc. Much nicer to drive, 60+MPG, same torque as a 172 etc etc etc...

Gutless petrol engines just aren't worth it IMO.

This has been covered on here already iirc.

Not worth it unless you are the couple that one £101m and have nothing better to do with your time, but then you wouldn't be driving a clio.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I have one aswell and it's brilliant, but I don't think it would be worth the hassle of putting it into a mk2 imo

You'd need a donor car (MK3 with the turbo) so make it feasible, which would be pointless... you could just keep the MK3.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
hmm, yea i had a feeling that would be the case. guess there really is no way of getting more power out of my ickle engine then lol. gonna have to wait till i finish uni to buy a real car :p

In reality mate, what with petrol costing what it does I think more people will be driving 1.2's this time next year. Some say now the Libya 'thing' is over fuel prices will fall but they're blatently in denial. £2 a litre this time next year!

Stick with the engine you've got and enjoy the car for what it is. If you want a faster Clio just buy an RS as they're cheap enough now no matter what your buget; £600 for one in the forsale section right now.

Mick