ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo engine building query

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
I'm aware there's probably 1000 threads relating to turbos, however none quite give me the precise info I need, so here goes!

I will be stripping the 172 engine I just got and rebuilding it, with the aim of going turbo from the off. However I'm not chasing numbers, so i'm stuck in some middle ground between a bolt on package to a stock engine and going all out with forged internals etc. I'm aiming for 250-275bhp and will not be wanting any more power in the future (no I really won't :wink:) as I'll focus on the rest of the car to still make it as reliable as possible and drivable - being a daily. My question is, are the parts below: 'not necessary', 'do it for reliability/while you have the engine out' or 'necessary' for my power aim. Money of course is a limiting factor but i'll be doing this properly over a period of time and don't want to overspend on things I don't need or skip things I needed. The parts in question are:

acl bearing shells
forged rods
forged pistons
megane 225 pistons/rods
megane 225/uprated injectors
uprated valves
uprated springs

If any of these items on the engine need replacing I will uprate them anyway. I'm fully aware of all the other components needed for this build but for now i'm concentrating on the engine block. Opinions from turbo builders are much appreciated :wink: