ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Conversion

IIRC BenR said the lump is good for about 320BHP in N/A form, so should clear 300BHP with a blower. However it will be costly and also i dont know what the reliability would be like or how long the transmission/clutch etc could cope.

basically the question you should be asking is how much money do I need to waste on a turbo kit to get 300bhp... the answer? "more than its worth". your better off ditching the F4 and getting a 1.8 225bhp VAG unit

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

its depends on whether you are willing to spend 7k upwards on a clio engine at the end of the day. Or you could go out and buy an Impreza / Evo, most people do the later, it depends on whether or not your willing to be different.

276 BHP is certainly not the engines limit.

I would say that over 400 is easily available with the right turbo etc. We will be mapping our one to 21 psi boost over winter for publicity purposes, would like to see 350BHP.

Saying that you cant drive the thing on normal road tyres as it is with 272 ft lb of torque. Sensible road car should aim for 240 - 250 with identical torque

Quote: Originally posted by BBPT on 15 September 2005

276 BHP is certainly not the engines limit.

I would say that over 400 is easily available with the right turbo etc. We will be mapping our one to 21 psi boost over winter for publicity purposes, would like to see 350BHP.

Saying that you cant drive the thing on normal road tyres as it is with 272 ft lb of torque. Sensible road car should aim for 240 - 250 with identical torque
Lets hope it doesnt snow this year... LoL :p